advice on witness statements needed

CHLOEJ
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6085 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Chloe,

Yes a witness statement is vitally important. Here is a link to witness statements. You should also add your own detail.

Examples of Witness Statements / Disclosure by List / Draft Directions / Case Summary

Also try and stick to 1 thread as it makes it easier to help you.

Good luck.:)

Lloyds settled in full

£4010.02:D

Halifax CC settled

£417.00 :D

Lloyds PPI

£3672.15 Refunded off loan :D

LOL ok so Michael B says it is not that important and he knows alot more than me... as you can tell by his reputation :)

At least I got the right link :D

Lloyds settled in full

Halifax CC settled

Lloyds PPI

The witness statement was the clincher in getting my claim part stayed and part adjourned (see my thread) It lays out your case from start to finish and allows the judge to save time skipping around your bundle, i have included a copy of my witness statement on my thread. GaryH has produced a very good witness statement but be careful, make sure that the witness statement relates to the defence the abbey submitted.

Call me a plonker if you want but, with all the stress associated with claiming, I have submitted my bundle minus a witness statement. Can anyone advise me if it's too late to send one now.

Its not about who is wrong and who is right. It is about trying to help each other acheive the result we all want. The link mattyb13 gave in post #5 is the one I used to put together my bundle. It fitted in with the defence abbey were using regarding breach of contract. It made the process very easy and the resulting bundle I handed in to the court was praised by the judge as the best bundle she had seen in a bank charges case. I can take little credit for that, I just followed the instruction provided by GaryH. The beauty of the witness statement is that it lays out your case from start to finsh. not only does it asct asd a script for you to use in court, It also assist the judge to save time ploughing through the whole bundle, your case is all there. I can only assume that because the judge was impressed with my bundle she was more inclined to take me seriously. She genuinley was interested in the breach of contract arguement, and especially interested in the estimated costs of 25p to £1.50

You are not compelled to include a witness statement in your bundle, but i found that it helped me better understand my case as you have to cross reference all the supporting evidence on the statement. At the end of the day the choice is yours, but better more than less in my book.

kopw I don't know whether you can add additional material to your bundle once it is delivered, but i imagine the court office would be able to advise you.

If your abbey defence mentions a breach of contract you might want to look at post#170 on the "Battle with Abbey" thread submityted by GaryH looks very useful.

Address to Serve Court Papers (Registered Office)

ABBEY NATIONAL PLC

ABBEY NATIONAL HOUSE

2 TRITON SQUARE

REGENT'S PLACE

LONDON

NW1 3AN

This is where I sent mine to.

Good luck

Lloyds settled in full

Halifax CC settled

Lloyds PPI

well thats it now ,abbeys court bundle copy been sent special delivery,so they should get it tommorrow.going to give the court their bundle in person tommorrow also

i havent received theirs yet and if i dont get it by tuesday i will ring court and ask for a judgement without going to court

the abbey asked for a stay which my county court havent given,yet anyway

i hope they dont send out their court bundle as i think ,(more hope ) i will win by default

heres hoping cj;-)

well abbey havent submitted their bundle to me,to be honest i wasnt expecting them to,so i will have to attend court in 2 weeks and tell the tell the judge that i havent received anything

i dont know what to expect in court,i suspect they wil turn up and ask for a stay

what are my next actions + what can i say in court to appeal against a stay

help needed plz cj