Connaught Collections-Statutory Demand!!!

flynn
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6087 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We had a letter through from Connaught Collections which basically says that they've been instructed by 1st Credit Limited (Halifax)to recover a debt of £838.29. I think this has come about after we asked for CCA and SAR all of which was provided by Halifax...no dispute to the debt then! I was about to contact them to arrange resonable payments when I had this letter drop through the door,telling us that it was their intention to issue a Statutory Demand under the Insolvensy Act 1986 (Bankruptcy) as they are unaware of any valid reason for our non-payment!! :shock:

Sound sacry!! Is it just scare tatics? What do we do from here?! We're quite willing to pay it off at a reasonable rate etc...

Any advice gratefully recieved :)

There was a famous Les Dennis Family Fortunes catchphrase, 'If it's there i'll give you the money myself.' If they file for bankruptcy i'll pay you myself. They will not file for bankruptcy to recover £838. Not a chance. Also, did you get the CCA they sent you chcecked out? You would be surprised how much stuff they send out doesn't actually comply with the siad Act.

What sort of world do you want your kids to grow up in?

Thanks for the quick reply! :)

I didn't think they'd go for it for just £838! No actual SD as yet,just the threat of it for now..I'm starting to get used to these bullying tatics used by DCA's :mad: The CCA does checkout and is genuine.....they'll just have to accept an amount we can afford each month as we are pretty much at our limit with paying off debts each month,we're in the same boat as many many others with mouths to feed and debts piled high :Cry: At least we've started to get ourselves sorted with excellent help from CAG of course! ;)

He did CCA and they sent something. He hasn't even had an SD through yet. If they actually served a SD on him properly he should definitely take it seriously. Or even if he got one through second class mail he could then pay £90 to take the figure owed below the £750 insolvency threshold to be ultra safe. Having read many Connaught threads and been involved with them myself I know they can't be taken too seriously, especially for small amounts. If he does get an SD through he can reassess.

I just saw your last post Flynn. If you're in rented and have no large assets not a chance in my opinion. Not that I thought there was a chance anyway.

Are there any charges on the account, they'll show up on your SAR from Halifax? You can claim these back to reduce the debt.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Are there any charges on the account, they'll show up on your S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) from Halifax? You can claim these back to reduce the debt.

Darn, I should have thought of that...