FSA. I'm Saying It With Flowers

crfx250
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5924 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

At 11 am tomorrow morning an Interflora truck will roll up outside the

plush and well lit Canary Wharf offices of the Financial Services Authority.

It will be delivering a substantial floral arrangement to Managing Director of Retail Markets Clive Briault, the man responsible for granting the waiver.

This lavish floral tribute, I'm assured, ''is guaranteed to turn heads'' and is

reassuringly expensive.

The attatched envelope contains a card embosed in gold leaf containing

the following message:

Mr Briault

With sympathy.

We are very sorry to hear of the sad loss of your moral conscience.

We have been all too aware that it hasn’t been in good health for some time.

And then, tragically, it slipped away on 27 July, silently, with just a final

unsteady waive.

From bank charge victims.

All of them.

Every single one of them.

flowers.jpg

• Haha 2

Fantastic! :D

I am assuming that a press release has been sent to the media.

I have just got off the telephone to the FSA and have been informed that they have specific exclusions which prevents me from complaining about their decision and if I would like to take it further then I would have to go to the Office of the Complaints Commissioner.

Apparently their rule book states that you cannot complain about the FSA rules or any decision made at the FSA's regulatory discretion to the FSA. Oh well. Call them on 0845 6061234 for more information.

Who paid for the floral tribute?

That is truely inspirational and brilliant thinking.

Well done.

Looking forward to the resulting delivery tomorrow.

Good luck with the overwhelming media interest!!!!

Night Owl

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

Good stuff! Creatively thought-out protest, crfx250 :D

Anyone got any media contacts? we could do with some photographers/camera crews down there filming the 'funeral' ;)

• 04/04/07 - £104 exit fee refund - Portman BS
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!
  • A&L Current a/c - You're next..

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

That's fantastic! :D

Hope you've managed to get the media interested!

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

I called the florist's that are responsible for the delivery to confirm that

they had the order. It will definatley go out today although they couldn't confirm the 11am delivery as they need to arrange for an extra member of staff as, because of the size of it, ''it takes two people to carry''.

I went through the text of the message with the girl to check the punctuation and spelling. She was predictably a little bemused about it but I'm confident she got it right.

I'm rather hoping Mr Briault is out of the office when it arrives so his no doubt highly efficient secretary will have the thing perfectly placed in his office and the envelope on his desk.

My heartfelt condolences to the family ;)

• Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

• 5 months later...

Hehehe.. :lol:

Write to your MP and

You must be hard up for something to post about, resurrecting this old thread.:confused:

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

You must be hard up for something to post about, resurrecting this old thread.:confused:

Yeah...definitely hard up for something to post... ;-) :-D :grin: :-D

Write to your MP and

And on a day when they had to admit this as well........

"Market participants and consumers may lose confidence in financial institutions and in the authorities' ability to safeguard the financial system,' the FSA noted."

ROUNDUP UK's FSA warns trouble ahead as business models come under strain UPDATE - Forbes.com

ha.

A £35 pound bank charge is not a charge for a service. Its theft.

Which has nothing to do with the FSA waiver and flowers which this thread is about. The above quote is the FSA stating that consumers think they lose confidence in financial institutions and the banks' ability to safeguard their money, not that most people have lost faith in the FSA which after all is funded by........The Banks.