Phone Calls from Banks

bathgatebuyer

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5149 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry, quick question! Have had a moan with someone from a Bank phoning from a Bank both at home and work asking me for my first name. When I said, "Can I ask who's calling and what it's about", I was told, "Capital One about her credit card".

I'm sure I've read before that they shouldn't call up and ask for you by your first name in a matey way, far less talk about which bank they are with.

Can anyone confirm what they can and can't do in these instances?

Bank and credit card reclaims - £9,806

Sainsburys CCA non-compliance with FOS;

Natwest reclaim of £340 in progress;

Egg credit card reclaim in progress

Some years ago when I worked for the bank, it was drummed into us on our training that we were under no circumstances to disclose where we were ringing from until we had confirmed security with the person involved, if we rang people at work we were told we had to say it was a personal call or "the bank". Im pretty sure it came under the Data Protection Act. However, not sure if these rules have changed as i have had a credit card company do that to me, my mum answered the phone and when she asked who was calling they said the name of the bank and told her it was about my credit card. When i rang them back and complained it was my mother they had spoken to and not me, their response was apologetic but hadnt broken any dpa rules as they had not actually disclosed any account information.