right of access

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5147 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

a friend of mine is buying their council house. it is in a block of three houses, and his is on the end. the neighbours in the middle house currently have right of access across his back garden. in the last few months his shed has been emptied and his dog has gone missing/been stolen.

the house on the other end of the block and the middle house are still local authority owned. would he be able to fence off the neighbours completely, and move the gate to the other side of the neighbour's garden so right of access would still be available around the other end of the block? there is a shared path either side of the block, which is symmetrical.

the council are supposed to be sorting this issue out, but it has taken them two months to pass the files onto the wrong department, and by now they have probably lost them. it would be much easier for me, as i have been roped in to put the fence around his garden, and don't want to have to alter it later taking a gate out etc.

thanks in advance

andy

deafandy vs welcome finance - ding ding!

I'm certain he would have to apply for planning permission

But if he can prove that the neighbours are at fault i would think that the council would approve the plans without too much hassle

I QUESTION THEREFORE I AM!! [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unfortunately i'm not an expert in any given field legally and my advice and that of the Consumer Action Group and the Bank Action Group is given without prejudice and without liability so please if in any doubt whatsoever seek help from an insured qualified professional. Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions and not condoned or endorsed in any way, shape or form by CAG. Thank you! :p

I have been smoke-free for 4yrs