Thames credit/AK/CL chasing old GE CAPITAL BANK debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6074 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Received letter from THAMES CREDIT LIMITED,

stating I owe them £201.29.

It says that the company are part of Aktiv Kapital Group and are now managing my account on behalf of the group,

Ive never heard of Aktiv Kapital, or ever recieved any letters from them,

I moved home about 6 years ago but my son still lives in our other house and he said no mail has gone there,

I can only think that this refers back to around 17 years ago when my hubby was made redundant and we had some financial problems which we were taken to court for and agreed to pay all our creditors on an IVA which the Judge agreed,

this is something I forgot about years ago,

after we finished paying and got back on our feet,

this DCA are stating in the letter that if I dont call them within 10 days and agree a new payment plan my account will escalate to their central collections division,

Help is someone going to knock on my door after 17 years,

I dont have any idea who this debt is with and we've had a good credit history for the past 10 years..Gc

This sounds like a bottom feeding fishing exercise.

Now if NOTHING has been paid on this debt is SIX years it becomes statute barred and unenforceable.

Now the debt still exists, BUT no collection activity is permitted.

Assuming all of your personal details are correct I'd fire off a statute barred letter to Thames and see what happens.

Letter M here will do the trick: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Is it important to start the letter:

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY in Big Bold letters.

As and when they come back to you, update this thread and we can help.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Thanks for that curlyben, il get a letter in the post to them, ive a question, although we moved house as I said, we've never hidden from anyone and we still own our other house, but how do this debt company know our address now, (although they got the postcode wrong) will they have conducted a credit search? I would hate to have defaults after all the years we struggled to get a clean credit file, I think il send for a copy of my credit file just in case..Gc

It's very simple to find someone's address.

You will be mentioned in alot of places including the phone book, electoral register and the CRA's.

If this debt is as old as old as you say there is no LEGAL way they could enter details on your credit report anyway.

Good idea to check though.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Letter sent to Thames Credit, Ive looked through old paperwork and the time we had these problems was in 1993, ive heard nothing from any of the creditors since this time, but the ref number on the letter does not relate to anything I can find from that time..Gc

, after all the hard work,

going without,

paying our creditors

and having a good credit history for many years now,

ive got my credit file from Experian and all my financial information for the previous 6 years is on there

and all in order,

got the same from Equifax and

low and behold, theres 2 defaults showing,

1 to Aktiv Kapital stating Balances/limit N/A, Start £0, Default £287, Current £201 and Effective dates, Start 00/00/00, End 00/00/00 Insight last updated 28/05/03.

and the another from C L finance with exactly the same amounts and dates.

who the hell are C L Finance,

why have I not heard anything from them,

this can only be from 1993/4,

we have not had any other problems since that time,

will I be able to have this default removed from my file,

it was not there when we bought our house in 01,

can they do this!!! Gc

You can safely assume that the CRAs are working hand in hand with the Scummy DCAs in passing on details of people who check their files.

Strangely enough I had an identical letter from Thameroids Credit acting on behalf of Activ Krapital for an alleged debt which I know is statute barred. They must have got a new mailing list from the CRAs and another rainforest load of paper for the threatomatic computer.

Would anyone know if CL Finance and Aktive Kapital are part of the same group?

I cant understand how they can do this after sooo many years,

for the sake of £200,

if they let me know who i owe money to i will pay it,

I even thought id been the victim of ID theft but thats not the case,

ive written to Thames asking for a copy of the original CCA,

as i have no idea where this debt came from,

as stated we paid on an IVA for 5 years and included all our creditors in the IVA so shouldnt they all be cleared now?

its been so long I cant remember exactly who they were

Looking at other peoples threads regarding statute barred,

im expecting them to come back and say that as ive written asking for information,

ive aknowledged debt to them and then demand payment,

although I very much doubt they can tell me where it comes from..Gc

i have nt even bothered to see my details from experium or any other if i did it would fill several pages on here ,especially when i had five defaults for the same debt from blenheim finance ,will sort it all out after october though

Looking at other peoples threads regarding statute barred, im expecting them to come back and say that as ive written asking for information, ive aknowledged debt to them and then demand payment, although I very much doubt they can tell me where it comes from..Gc

only thing i would like to see is a whistleblower from one of the cra to come forward and report that the cra are touting your name about trying to find more ways of obtaining monies for their business...third party data see peterbards work on this type of data and dont forget your information could have come through the local council

Once a debt becomes staute barred that is the end of it. No one can make you pay. Yes they can ask you to pay but they cant make you pay. As long as you have not admitted the debt or paid anything for 6 years thats the end of it. On 6 years and one day you can say yes I owe you XXX quid but I am not paying so take yourself off and dont ever bother me again. In other words BOG OFF!!!!!!!

Hi

yes we were taken to court,

it was in 1994 and

we included all our creditors and paid through the courts on an IVA for 5 or 6 years,

to be honest it was that long ago I cant realy remember who they were

but there were about 5 creditors,

Ive recieved a letter from Thames Credit Ltd today in answer to my CCA request and

what they are saying is,

they are not the original creditor,

they did not provide me with the original credit facility,

they only purchased my outstanding debt balance,

they did not purchase my actual agreement,

consequently they have no obligation to provide me with a copy of that agreement,

however as a gesture of goodwill they will seek to obtain a copy of the original agreement from the original credit grantor GE Capital Bank

and if that is available they will forward a copy to me.

if GE Capital Bank is unable to provide a copy of the agreement that does not mean they have no right to request payment of the outstanding amount,

they are the legal owners of my account and my liability is now to them in respect of the outstanding debt balance rhat they purchased,

in the meantime however unless I specifically deny that I have no knowledge of this debt or im specifically denying that im liable for this debt,

there is no reason why their debt collection activities against me should be suspended and

unless they hear from me within 7 days from the date of the letter setting out reasons for disputing the debt or reasons for non-payment,

the matter will be passed back to their collections division,

and it is in my best interest to call them and agree an instalment arrangement, or settlement,

(which they may give me a discount on the original balance for early repayment) as soon as possible.

I know for a certain fact that I have never had any debt to GE capital Bank,

if I paid on an IVA shouldnt my creditors be now paid?

Im not sure how this works..

Thames Credit are talking sh!te. What are they hoping to use to prove a debt if they havent got a CCA. Let them default after 12 working days. A calendar month later they will have committed a summary offence and then you can report them to TS. In the meantime you have made a valid legal request for a CCA from Thames Credit and they must comply

I wonder if this debt has been passed around from 1 DCA to another as

Ive had no dealings with Aktive, GE Bank, C l finance, are these all DCAs?

I really dont believe that in the time thats passed,

they will come up with the original CCA (signed by me) but hey, you never know,

if they do im more than willing to accept that it is my debt

but im not paying 200 quid to some DCA when I have no idea where the debt came from,

Im curious as to why any DCA would purchase any debt thats so old,

god I could have died 10 years ago for all these daft sods know (sorry) i thought all this was behind us years and years ago..Gc

I wonder if this debt has been passed around from 1 DCA to another as Ive had no dealings with Aktive, GE Bank, C l finance, are these all DCAs? I really dont believe that in the time thats passed, they will come up with the original CCA (signed by me) but hey, you never know, if they do im more than willing to accept that it is my debt but im not paying 200 quid to some DCA when I have no idea where the debt came from, Im curious as to why any DCA would purchase any debt thats so old, god I could have died 10 years ago for all these daft sods know (sorry) i thought all this was behind us years and years ago..Gc

Settle down. Its up to Thames to prove you have a debt not the other way round. Dont worry we will all help you

Thanks ODC, im settled for now, and I wont speak to them ever:D , will get my child settled for the night and follow the link you posted for me, will keep you posted..Gc

Dont worry about that link it wasnt meant for you;) . The reinforcement will be along later