Blair Oliver and Scott Ltd - OFT complaint

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5677 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am thinking of compiling a mass complaint about Blair, Oliver and Scott Ltd for the OFT re the following:-

1. Breach of debt collection guidelines including (but not limited to) harassment by phone and letter, misleading letters, threats, refusing to deal with agencies such as CAB

2. Ignoring CCA requests

3. Ignoring correspondence

4. Breach of Data Protection Act

5. Pursuing debts legitimately in dispute

6. Selling debts legitimately in dispute

7. Anything else that crops up or occurs to me/us later.

To see if there is sufficient interest for now could you just give brief details of any complaints you might like to be included.

If I think there is enough interest I'll work out how to organise things properly and post details later.

If there are enough complaints the OFT MAY investigate and they COULD lose their Consumer Credit Licence - unlikely I know, but if you don't ask the answer is already no.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully part of the mass complaint will be a second adjudication from FOS regarding their behaviour, and I'm hoping to at least get Trading Standards to agree they've been a bit naughty.

Forgot to mention that if anyone already has a positive result from the courts, FOS, Information Commissioner or Trading Standards, that will be really useful. The more evidence we can supply, the better.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

I am thinking of compiling a mass complaint about Blair, Oliver and Scott Ltd for the OFT re the following:-

1. Breach of debt collection guidelines including (but not limited to) harassment by phone and letter, misleading letters, threats, refusing to deal with agencies such as CAB

2. Ignoring CCA requests

3. Ignoring correspondence

4. Breach of Data Protection Act

5. Pursuing debts legitimately in dispute

6. Selling debts legitimately in dispute

7. Anything else that crops up or occurs to me/us later.

To see if there is sufficient interest for now could you just give brief details of any complaints you might like to be included.

If I think there is enough interest I'll work out how to organise things properly and post details later.

If there are enough complaints the OFT MAY investigate and they COULD lose their Consumer Credit Licence - unlikely I know, but if you don't ask the answer is already no.

Hi, I would also like to join you in a formal complaint to the OFT, they have never responded to my SAR and CCA requests back in early June.

hehe i'm up for it, i got robinson, way & co attempting to bug me for a debt, BIG BONUS: they have admitted in writing as this is an old debt they do not have anything relating to the CCA i issued them :) me finx they dropped them selves in it

If my advice has been helpful please feel free to click on my scales :grin:

Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner (CCA request letter N)and other templates)

Debt Collection Agencies & Statutory Demands, a few strategies

Abbey charges, Won

B-card non-disclosure of S.A.R, WON £30 costs awarded

B-Card, court for harrasement, failed to defend WON £175 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/125554-28-days-later-no.html#post1422508

B-Card charges, partial refund, still fighting

Vanquis-Cabot, GIVEN UP :lol:

HFC & my mum, no brainer, no CCA http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/133330-hfc-my-mum.html#post1404514

PLEASE donate to CAG however small. They are fighting for YOUR rights as a consumer. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/

add me to your list also will be sending in complaint to trading standards about these I sent my cca request to them back in january they still hassled me, and have now passed it on to wescot, Bank Of Scotland also ignored my S.A.R, complaint allready gone in to the OFT and ICO, my next step is trading standards,

trickytish, send current DCA the CCA letter you sent with a polite leter saying " you have been sold a duff debt as no credit agreement within timescale set out in the CCA" should be interesting the result you will get back

If my advice has been helpful please feel free to click on my scales :grin:

Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner (CCA request letter N)and other templates)

Debt Collection Agencies & Statutory Demands, a few strategies

Abbey charges, Won

B-card non-disclosure of S.A.R, WON £30 costs awarded

B-Card, court for harrasement, failed to defend WON £175 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/125554-28-days-later-no.html#post1422508

B-Card charges, partial refund, still fighting

Vanquis-Cabot, GIVEN UP :lol:

HFC & my mum, no brainer, no CCA http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/133330-hfc-my-mum.html#post1404514

PLEASE donate to CAG however small. They are fighting for YOUR rights as a consumer. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/

I am in. I have BOS for Intelligent Finance current account. Two (one mine one other halfs) old IF Visa's that are now Halifax Visa's. Plus a Sainsbury Visa. Already have a complaint in with OFT about them.

I could almost do a "mass complaint" on my own! Does four accounts and being Pope count as a mass?

ah done that allready thanks MrMarmite they passed it over in june time the worst thing is that wescot have now come up with the agreement it does look to be in order too with all the items, but its so annoying tho they can come up with the agreement but not my S.A.R, the agreements interesting tho too has a lovely amount on it for PPI which I'll definetly be pursuing,

thanks MrMarmite,

Thanks for all the responses, it seems there are plenty of people with 'issues' about Blair et al.

Just to point out, it doesn't matter what the eventual result has been, if they've messed you about, at all, ever, please let me know.

As the Pope has done, can you also make it clear if you have 'multiple' complaints - I also have 4!

Thanks again.

RMW

I'm sure that I read somewhere that another group has put in a mass complaint to the OFT about a DCA, but now can't find it again.

Can anyone help or provide any advice on how to do this?

I was thinking of a letter listing the general nature of our complaints, plus a list of email addresses for everyone who wants to be included so that they can get further information/evidence if required.

Also I think there needs to be a time limit so I'm going to say if you want to be included, please post on here by 31st August.

RMW

i requested a CCA back in Decemeber 2006 and they didnt give me it! they didnt give me any replies to any of my letters and i had to go to HBOS to get any answers at all, so im in.

Me Vs AA/Blair Oliver - Defaulted on CCA, Committed Criminal Offence, started chasing payment

Me Vs Great Universal - Wrote off the 2k balance, couldnt supply docs

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/74209-me-littlewoods-catalogue.html

My Friend Vs Lowell Portfolio - Balance written off, all action stopped!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75075-my-friend-lowell-victory.html

My Friend Vs Empire Catalogue - Balance Cleared

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75713-my-friend-empire-droyds.html

I'll certainly put muy name to any petition

Mike

If I've helped tip my scales

Blair Oliver & Scott, £2500 written off December 2006 Default removed January 2007:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/56001-mike220359-blair-oliver-scott.html

Monument, didn't sign the agreement

:D

Lloyds TSB didn't sign the agreement!

Citicards, didn't sign the agreement

RBS tut, tut!

:rolleyes:

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

:rolleyes:

Hi all!

Count me in.

If it makes any difference it was a Bank of Scotland Credit Card.

Briefly:

1.I was on the receiving end of tons of harassment calls - up to no less than 8 or 9 per day.

The calls only stopped when I threatened to sue for harassment

after months of suffering.

2.They would not enter into any form of sensible discussions regarding the reduction of the payments when I had genuine financial hardship.

3.The main company itself tried to charge me 3 quid per statement for the previous 6 months statements but when I told the person on the other end the maximum they could charge was a tenner under the Data Protection Act -I got them for free!

If you need more information,just ask.

I haven't forgotten about this, just been a bit busy for a few days.

I am aware that Blair, Oliver and Scott, Bank of Scotland and Halifax are all part of the same group, but feel that going for the whole group might be a bit much to take on all in one go. Be warned, HBOS, though, that I'm just practising on this one!

And thanks for all the support so far. Just got back from Tesco, so to borrow a phrase, every little helps!

RMW

reallymadwoman,I would just like to add:

If you go after Blair,Oliver & Scott you are going after the whole group anyway because the group HBOS is liable for the actions and omissions etc for all of its other companies.It just happens to be that Blair Oliver & Scott is the debt collecting arm of it.

Just got back from Tesco, so to borrow a phrase, every little helps!

thats what they think with their interest charges!

Me Vs AA/Blair Oliver - Defaulted on CCA, Committed Criminal Offence, started chasing payment

Me Vs Great Universal - Wrote off the 2k balance, couldnt supply docs

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/74209-me-littlewoods-catalogue.html

My Friend Vs Lowell Portfolio - Balance written off, all action stopped!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75075-my-friend-lowell-victory.html

My Friend Vs Empire Catalogue - Balance Cleared

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75713-my-friend-empire-droyds.html

..... so to borrow a phrase, every little helps!

Sure, you can borrow that at 68.75% APR, but one late payment and it goes straight to our collections group, Snatchett, Bollshut & Robbem.

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

I'm sure it's Tesco ... and if you want to enforce that agreement dannyboy you'd better be sure your paperwork is in order 'cos I don't take no prisoners!

Seriously, I know that I am in effect taking on the whole group but I'm assuming that as Blair et al need their own Data Protection Act registration, they also need their own CC licence.

I realise that the chances of getting their licence revoked are none to even less, but it has to be worth a try.

Wouldn't that be a result though! I can see the headlines now -

Major Bank loses Consumer Credit Licence!

(I'm thinking tabloid, so accuracy is not essential, nor even desirable if you want a good headline).

The debt collection department of the **** group, formed when Bank of ******** and ******* merged in 19**, have today had their Consumer Credit Licence revoked following a large number of complaints of unfair business practices, harassment and breaches of the Consumer Credit Act of 1974.

Announcing their decision, a spokesman from the Office of Fair Trading said 'We hope this action demonstrates that we take complaints about every holder of a Consumer Credit Licence seriously, no matter how big they are.'

In recent months the OFT has been criticised for ...

Seem to have let my imagination run away with me for a moment, fingers crossed that the dream comes true.

RMW