Hfc Ppi

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5154 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I originally started a thread in the HFC forum but may be I'll find more answers here. This is my original post:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hfc-household/110366-ppi-nightmare.html#post1074872

In addition to the questions raised in my previous post I was wondering if anyone new of the exact terms & conditions of their PPI and in particular the part about being a UK resident. I'm curious about this because I've been a serving member of the Royal Navy (a fact known to the salesman) for the duration of my loan and have been deployed abroad for a good portion of the duration.

thanks for any advice anyone may have

Cheers

Karl

Ok, so I found the T & Cs in an old boxfile, seems being out of the country for prolonged periods is fine if your in the British Armed Forces - so no joy there - but that death due to war, terrorism, etc isn't covered, is this enough to claim I was mis-sold? As none of this was explained!

Also reading some else's thread got me thinking. My original loan was for a £1200 laptop in 2002 and now the settlement figure is still £2345.

During the intervening years hfc twice contacted me saying that because of changes to their interest rates, they could save me money and to pop in for a chat. On each of these occasions a new account was opened to settle the previous account with a small (£200) cheque passed on to me. All the time my montly payment remaining the same at around £100 a month.

Now I've wised up to their tricks, knowing that they never want to save customers money and they just wanted to fix me to them for another x months. But another thread hinted that on each time the loan is re-financed, at new ppi is opened without cancelling/refunding the old one. If that's the case that explains why I'm paying so much.

How do I find this all out? do I send an SAR to hfc or the insurers? (is it hamilton?) or both?

Thanks again for any pointers

Karl