Ballifs have taken most of my stuff Please help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6056 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there I am new here,

I joined this site to try and recover my bank charges..

But i came across this..

Now before i start i would like to add that I know that this is all our own fault and shouldnt have been so naive but unforently we were and now need some advice?

Have looked at alot of threads regarding ballifs..

Basically when me and my partner first moved into our house we didnt pay regular payments to the council.. (stupid i know)

so we were left with a lot of debt, i did the stupid think of trying to ide from my problem, until finally ringing them and setting up an agreement.yet again i failed to keep up with this.

we were sent a court letter, to which my partner replied and set u an agreement and started to pay weekly, of 75.00 which was leaving us pratically skint but it felt good that we were paying, My dads Best friend from his younger days in the manager of the council tax office and said that he would change our payments to £37.50 per week which was brilliant, my partner carried on paying until a week or so later we got a letter from both the ballifs and the council asking for different amounts, we were due to go on holiday (just a camping one nothing fancy) and then when we returned a couple of days later, there was a knock on the door my partner was in and a ballif wrote doen everything that we had, tele xbox skybox dvd player washing machine and dryer etc..

we then carried on paying.. then for some reason we missed one and they wanted double and wouldnt except the normal we couldnt afford so like usual we hide from it again instead of facing..

and now on Thursday a ballif turned up and have taken all my stuff... My car, dvd player dvds microwave bread maker partners decks and mixer..

The thing that gets me the most is that at the start of the conversation the ballif said to both me and my partner that is we paid a lump amount he would set up an agreement for the rest..

My sister offered the ballif £300 and another £200 when she got back as if wasnt off her card?

The ballif said that it was either all or nothing.. she said that she couldnt possible afford to pay the £1169, so he told her that he would accept the £500 but there was no point as he would be back again next week for the rest, which was a complety different story than he told us? i didnt know this at the time and he came back and said that he would have to take everything, he said that i had a choice of my car, or my sofa and tele, i said to be honest i would prefer the tele and sofas as both me and my partner work quite away from home so rely on the car..

he turned around and said that he coldnt be bother to take them as they were too heavy and if he took the car he could drive it away?

so thats what he did?

Im stuck and dont know what to do as they wont tell me what the amount is to pay with there fees on? so how can i pay?

Please any advice apart from critasing comments as i cant take them..

Thanks

I'm sorry I don't know enough about Baliffs to advise you in depth, but I beleive that you would have to pay the full amount off to get your stuff back - ie £1169 plus any fees the yhave added is there anyway you could raise the money, as they will auction your goods for next to nothing and you will still have a big debt.

How much is the car worth?

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Not much about £1000 but the baliffs have said that they will proberbly about £500 for it? No dont think i could raise that money what ever that is? im just annoyed that i was offering payment and they wouldnt take it