very ugent advice needed

sitcom123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6095 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I dont think i am in the right thread or even is there is a thread that relates to this. My eldest daughter has just contacted me to say that she has had a letter through the post hand delivered to say there are 3 warrants for her arrest for non payment of fines. she has to pay £645 on Monday morning or she will go to jail. it states no bail. i knew nothing of these fines and have not got the money to help her. she has 2 small children what do we do!!!!!

Hi Sitcom,

I thought the days of "Debtors Jail" were long gone? You daughter needs to let you know if she has any idea what these "fines" were for and when, what contact she has previously had from the creditors.

This will enable a clearer picture.

Penfold

no bail warrants mean exactley that , if she is arrested she will not be bailed, she will be held in custody til she is taken before a court although this would happen as soon as a court place is available so it would be unlikely that she would be held for an indeterminate period of time.

who exactley were the letters from? and what were the fines for? it would help to know what the conditions were relating to this before it will be possible to advise any further

ultimatley, if it is the case that her liberty is at stake she should seek legal advice from a solicitor at the earliest convienience

regards

paul

no idea who the letters are from they are for some vandalism she caused while drunk!! From probably around 18 months ago (when she went off the rails) she has managed to contact a number on there who say there will be no action over the weekend but that she should present herself at the magistrates court on Monday morning. what do you think they will do will she go to jail or wil they allow her to pay weekly with me as guarntor or something

I suggest she does as they say and go to court Monday mornign and see the duty solicitor. It is possible she may get community service or something similar, but she needs to make arrangements to pay and stick to it. If she is on benefits she will only have to pay a small amount per week - but she must do it. Highly unlikely (though not impossible) that she will get a custodial sentence as she has 2 small children.

no idea who the letters are from they are for some vandalism she caused while drunk!! From probably around 18 months ago (when she went off the rails) she has managed to contact a number on there who say there will be no action over the weekend but that she should present herself at the magistrates court on Monday morning. what do you think they will do will she go to jail or wil they allow her to pay weekly with me as guarntor or something

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.