Jump to content


Help Please!!(peneolpe Pitstop Voice!!!!)


ej3166
 Share

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5142 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

 

Please click the "Report " link

 

at the bottom of one of the posts.

 

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

 

Thanks

Recommended Posts

HI ALL,

 

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY WISE INFO FOR ME ON THIS ONE???

 

i recently claimed against nationwide and halifax successfully,i am now on my third claim for £1434.00p.

i had filed with mcol and defence was placed by nationwide(28 day deadline on friday 24th aug)

i recieved a letter(the usual)from them stating they were gonna ask for the case to be stayed.

yesterday i recieved notice from northampton saying :

following the filing of a defence the claim shall be stayed pending judgement from oft case.(this was without hearing).

now i have read the various articles on what to do from here on the main forum, but just wondered if it is worth going down the application to get stay lifted route for another £35 pounds? how likely am i to get my money? has anyonealready tried or is it a bit early for these cases?

obviously £1434 is alot of money to wait possibly 2-3 years for!! .

due to the fact that nationwide have already made one payout to me,in itself, as we know an admittance!!

so what does anyone out there think,shall i go for it? nothing ventured nothing gained? i can afford the £35 but just unwilling to throw down drain!!!

also am i more likely to go to a hearing regarding this one,(which i would worry about!!) and have to get court bundle ready etc(i assume i would be able to use my other case as an example though aswell)

if anyone can advise it would be a help,urgent!!

ej3166 xxxxxxxxxxxx

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi ej,

 

I'm not sure if anybody has attempted to have a stay lifted at Northampton to be honest with you, but I can understand your reluctance to pay £35 if it turns out to be a wasted exercise.

 

If this was my claim, I'd phone Northampton and ask them if they'll be looking seriously at applications to lift the stays.

 

However, bearing in mind that if they did lift the stay and transferred your claim to your local court, it may be the case that your local court would then place a stay on it!

 

It might be worthwhile starting a new thread in the new 'stays' forum (it's one of the 'General' sub-forums) as this is where discussions regarding stays are taking place - and you may find that other MCOL claimants are feeling exactly the same as yourself right now.

 

Best of luck :)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...