About to be shafted by Orange

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6069 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had a terrible last week with Orange, I have lost connection completely and this culminated in me today deciding to "migrate", had enough of being fobbed off, call centre repetivness going absolutely nowhere, made the "I want to migrate" call. Well I have never encountered such a vicious obnoxious sawn off runt in all my life, advised me I was on a "contract", would cost £86 to move and we have already told you this (imagine this with a we are better than you attitude). Well I have been with Orange since Wanado and before that Freeserve and I have never had a contract, he mentioned in January I changed the service I was getting which was true but this was because I was paying more for the same speed and no "contract" was mentioned and I was simply an existing customer moving around. I am smelling a rat here and this nob head would not do anything I ask, you know when you ask for his supervisor and there isn't one, my parting shot was to tell him what an ignorant tw*t he was (sorry but I was pushed) I have sent a strong complaint to Orange about my situation and about the attitude of this monkey along with a request about my "contract" I have never seen. I have a feeling they may try and pin this on me and I wondered what I could do if anything to head them off at the pass so to speak or if I need to get Ofcom involved, anyody any thoughts ??

Unbelievably ........ the Broadband came back on about half an hour ago !!! I am still not happy so will claim some refund and compo and WILL move, but when ??

I'm not sure of my facts here but I was told by Griffin Internet with whom we have good relations that ISPs are obliged to provide MAC codes and that they are not allowed to withhold them subject to the resolution of a dispute.

I would very much like to know more about this as I have now come accross several providers who have been dilatory about this.

Would you like to contact the regulator and find out about this. In particular, I am sure that the rules are on the Internet somewhere. Maybe you could research this for us.

If you find that these are the rules then we can put them up here for the benefit of others and also help you to take the necessary action against Orange.

Here are the regs:-

Migrations Authorisation Code (MAC) Broadband Migrations Process | Ofcom

and lots of advice here

thinkbroadband :: The UK's largest independent Broadband / ADSL review site - Your guide to UK broadband Internet.

It seems that the MAC code system is contained in a mandatory code of practice. This would mean that ISP's have a contractual responsibility to comply.

I would suggest that you make sure that you have complied with all of the requirements of the regulations, give a short warning and then sue.

No point in being led around by the nose by some bullying overweight organisation

Sorry to hear your problems Harry. I am experiencing sort of the same, although i have lost connection since 25th June and it is still not sorted!!!!!!

And i get fobbed of too with migration this and migration that. As i have a partner who knows the ins and outs of broadband, he has stepped in and tried to solve.

We have now sent a letter to the 'friendly' customer care manager who before gave us one month free broadband as good will gesture and to the general manager. Hopefully this solves is.

Problem is until they started playing around all was fine. I had a contract (well never saw a copy) of £5 unlimited per months as long as i also have mobile contract. Therefore stepping over will cost me lots of money. But if they dont resolve it as promissed by Wednesday I will have to go!!

So hope your problems get solved soon, I will keep an eye on the updates

LMS

hi harry,

I had the free broadband from orange which i got becoz i have a contract mobile with them, i too lost service when they tried to upgrade the line and i got so phissed off with their bolshi attitude that i demanded a mac code to migrate.

Then i found out that if i switced to cable i didnt need a mac code from them so thats what i did and all has been well since.

you only need a mac code if you are changing from one BT based ISP to another. If you are changing the supplier of your phone line provider aswell then you dont need one.

BT were not happy that i was leaving them, but when i explained why they said that they would probably do the same under the circumstances.

Do make double sure that you arent under any contract with them first, these tangerine leaches wont let it go and it hurt your credit file if you dont pay them what you owe them, but then again if they dont have a signed contract, how can they prove anything.

One final thought. They can still mess up your credit file even without a contract and wrong as it is you will then have another fight trying to get any wrong info removed.

Hope this helps and good luck

Martin

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys, haven't been on line too much in last few weeks as I have been off work where I can get a decent connection .... still not working although I have contact with human beings and complained to the CEO of France Telecom Didier Lombard ..... that's when they rang me to help. I am going to push this to Ofcom in the end, I have checked their site and I see the "contract" as unfair in that they don't guarantee a service .... well there are short interruptions in service that are bearable and being offline for a month which in my book isn't. Will give this a try if I need to and then throw Ofcoms guidelines on mac codes at them, in the end this isn't about money or deals, I just want sodding broadband back !! Having said that by being utter dick heads all along I will move away from them so for salvaging a few quid by being this way they lose more in the future, maybe the future isn't so bright !!

Well, I have a mac code and off I go. Orange finally conceded that my local server was knacked, they can't fix or improve it and have called it a draw. The guy I spoke to was excellent it has to be said and a big star for him in particular, others in the organisation no stars. I will have broadband again real soon !! yay !!

Had been disconnected from Orange for the last 6 weeks. Kept phoning up and getting through to India, and repeating my problems, aimlessly. Eventually got onto the escalation department, where a lady said she was now in control of my situation personally and would call me on a certain date. This never happened and when called she refused to take my calls. Eventually lost my rag and told them I was leaving, to which I was told I had to pay for the priviledge after everything that had gone on. They refused to give me a discount for the time I was disconnected and the lady, if that is what you can really call her, who dealt with the cancellation was rude and #*@$£*@~!!! I am now with Virgin, no MAC code required. phoned for it on Monday, had it on Wednesday the same week. Oh, you will have to send all your Orange equipment back, or they will charge you £100.