parking ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6093 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi further help needed.

After intially being given a ticket whilst I was under previous employment and in their vehicle I sought advice here in the form of a reply template. I emailed my bosses telling them to forward any paperwork to me.

Having recently left my position with them, upon a conversation with one of my managers they told me there was a '7 day warning letter' at their offices. I referred them back to my email and so they forwarded the next day.

I filled the blanks in the template letter and sent it off.

However, the emails from the collection company (who are incedently part of the group that ticketed me in the first place) refer to the fact that i didnt raise my queries in time and ignore the facts of the letter I sent. They are continuing to send threatening letters regarding 'sending the boys in' as it were.

What can I do?

Ian

If it is a private ticket they have no power to set a time limit for disputes. Under OFT debt collection guidelines they must listen to disputes. A debt collection company has no powers anyway. What exactly are they threatening?

Post by me are intended as a discussion of the issues involved, as these are of general interest to me and others on the forum. Although it is hoped such discussion will be of use to readers, before exposing yourself to risk of loss you should not rely on any principles discussed without confirming the situation with a qualified person.

This is their last email to me:

"I have been informed by my client that you have had ample opportunity to settle your parking charge notice before it was sent to me. I am also informed that if you had made a written challenge against the parking charge within the time limits stipulated you would have received a response outlining their decision and the time limits for payments if due. I am duly appointed to progress the collection further and consequently you have no right of appeal to Inland Recovery. You are therefore requested for the final time to make payment shown below within 7 days of the date of this letter.If no payment is recieved I will instruct representatives of Inland Recovery to attend your premises to discuss the matter in person and/or legal proceedings for the recovery thereof may be commenced without any further notice to you"

I get the feeling that their not going to go away. What do you think?