Midas Legal Services?

drob
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4880 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes, I've had the nasty letter from them months ago. They were acting on behalf of Moorcroft and, judging by their location, may well be owned by Moorcroft.

Note: they are not a firm of solicitors.

I cca'd the original creditor and have heard nothing since from Midas and very little from Moorcroft.

Regards

Lantana

Yes Moorcroft & Midas are connected and the letter sent has the same print type. The letter is signed by M.Dobson (Solicitor). When Solicitors sign a letter they always have their qualifications after the name.

• 1 month later...
Midas Legal Services Ltd.: Moorcroft Group

Financial Services. Business services

City: Stockport

Address: Moorcroft House , 2 Spring Gardens , Stockport , Cheshire, SK1 4AN

Phone:0161-480-4966

Fax:0161-477-3864

niceone thank you for that.

reason being,. they have sent a court claim to my wife for an outstanding debt. we dont have a problem paying the debt back. the wife was paying it but every month they increased the payments. this aint on. so want to get it paid back on our terms.

under the name of pheonix recovery. who they claim littlewoods are. its littlewoods new name. haha yer can just see it now. pheonix recover catalouge haha, would all want on of them wouldn't you.

couldn't find an address for them only a po box one that was on the court claim. i like letters to go to an address rather than a po box number.

• 5 months later...

Moorcroft debt recovery Ltd have a licence no 141050 issued by Office of Fair Trading who may be building a case against them. Basically they (Moorcroft)are demanding sums of money without itemising or otherwise justifying the sums involved accompanied by threats of legal action. To help OFT you can register with them and give them permission to quote details of your case. It's a bit longwinded but I think worth it.

• 3 weeks later...

I have recieved correspondence from Midas Legal Services dated 15/APR/2008.

The address that is shown on the letter is:

midaslegalservices ltd

PO Box 402

George House

John Street

Stockport

SK1 3EG

The letter is from a Mr M. Dobson, who states that he IS actually a solicitor.

Hi,

These people (Moorcroft/Midas Legal Services) seem to be playing all sorts of games. Mr M Dobson makes an appearance for Moorcroft on the DBSG Website (click link and scroll down to Moorcroft) but does not claim to be a Solicitor here.

Midas Legal Services are not registered as Solicitors and there is no M. Dobson registered as a solicitor at their address.

When I find out more I will post back.

Pookey.

I'm in the DCA kicking business ..........and business is good!!!!

• 4 months later...

My wife had a letter from this collection of inappropriately appointed clutch of rude arrogant sickophants, chasing a fixed penalty notice that had been quashed by the DVLA. Mr Mark Dobson is a Solicitor... details below including an address and a direct line to his office. I am sure that if anyone has had inappropriately worded comunications then it may be the case that Law Society would might be willing to hear your complaints.

Regards

David A Cooper LL.B. (Hons.) although not a solicitor

Find a solicitor

Details: DOBSON, MARK JOHN - Own Account

ID: 165363

Admission Date: 01/11/1994

Higher Rights of Audience: No

Registered Foreign Lawyer: No

Registered European Lawyer: No

Insolvency Practitioner: No

Address: MLS SOLICITORS

International House Unit 14-15

Bredbury Park Way

STOCKPORT

CHESHIRE

SK6 2SN

ENGLAND

Telephone Number: 0161 968 7037

Areas of law: Commercial litigation

Debt and money advice

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys! I've never posted previously and only just joined although I have occasionally been making use of the information provided by this site for some time.

I received a letter from Mr Dobson at Midas for a debt of £43 that was cleared properly and within time limits over 6 months ago - yet these creatures insist I owe it?

So, I have drafted a letter to this twit using info gained from this site:

Dear Mr Dobson

Your Reference: XXXXX

Your Client Reference: XXXXX

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR CLIENTS MOORCROFT DEBT RECOVERY

With reference to the above, I request that you send me a true copy of the credit agreement before I will correspond further on this matter.

This is my right under the legislation contained within section 77 (1) and section 78 (1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and I am entitled to receive a copy of my credit agreement on request.

Your obligation also extends to providing me with a statement of account. I enclose postage stamps of £1 (or greater) in value, which represents payment of the statutory fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act. I understand that a copy of my credit agreement should be supplied within 12 working days from the date of this letter.

I understand that under the Consumer Credit Act, creditors are unable to enforce an agreement if they fail to comply with a request for a copy of the agreement under these sections of the Act.

Also, since you are allegedly acting on behalf of a Debt Collection Agency, I demand that you encourage them to supply a signed true copy of the executed deed of assignment for the above referenced agreement. This is an obligation, whether you are the original creditor or not, under section 189 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Non-compliance with my request is a criminal offence under the above Act and will result in a report being submitted to the relevant statutory authorities.

In summary, I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE THIS DEBT AND THEREFORE REQUIRE YOU TO SUBSTANTIATE THIS BY PROVIDING THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTATION BEFORE I CORRESPOND FURTHER:

1. True copy of original credit agreement

2. Statement of account

3. Copy of the executed deed of assignment from (creditor) and (DCA)

4. Fair processing notice.

As you are aware, a credit agreement that is not properly documented and signed by the customer is totally unenforceable under the CCA and therefore is a complete defence to any court claim that is issued.

Take note at this stage, that any legal action you may contemplate will be both vigorously defended and contested.

Further to the above, please ensure that any contact by your agency is made in writing only to the above address. Telephone calls and personal visits will not be accepted and viewed as harassment.

In addition, I notice from your letter that, although you title yourself ‘Solicitor’, you do not display any formal qualification?

I look forward to hearing from you within the statutory time limit.

Yours faithfully,

I'm not entirely sure if I have everything right, but I figure that time will tell?

Also, I have found that using postage stamps instead of postal orders or cheques is far more satisfying since stamps are considered legal tender and frequently get returned unused.

Just my little bit of rebellion there:).

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

Just this very morn did a letter drop through my postal orifice:)

Below is the gist of what it says:

Thank you for your request for a signed copy of the relevant agreement under the Consumer Credit Act.

I write to confirm that our clients do not hold copies of your agreement.

A copy can be obtained from the dealer where the contract was purchased.

We therefore return the £1.00 (or greater value) in stamps submitted in that connection.

I think I can say that it's a bit of a result?

Bob

• 3 months later...

I doubt it very much, but even if they did, they wouldn't waste the time or expense of a collector which is why they threaten all sorts of death and destruction if you don't pay - in the hope that you will be terrified into coughing up?

Bob

• 2 months later...

i am new onto this site and was wondering if someone could help me.i have received a letter from moorcroft/midas legal services about an outstanding debt.i phoned them and explained that ive just come out of hospital after having major surgery and i have been put on incapacity benefit.The girl(if u can call her that)that i spoke to asked me what money i was receiving and i told her £100 p/w plus £20 child benefit.she then asked what i spend a week on food i told her £70 p/w and rougly £20p/w on clothing and school meals.she told me i had to pay them £20p/w yes wk not month.i said i cant afford that and she told me that £70 was too much to spend on food and i should not buy my daughter clothes every wk.i told her my husband works for the min wage but we have a lot of outgoings and she said why didnt you tell me that before.at this point i started to lose my temper with her.i asked where i stood if i just let them take me to court as i had offered her £5 a week which she refused point blank i then slammed the phone down on her,i dont know what to do now.should i just send them £5 a week or wait for them to contact me again.Oh yes my letter was signed m dobson(solicitor)please can someone advise i am fuming

I was under the impression that if you offered to make a payment the DCA could try to talk you into paying more but could not refuse your offer? I may be wrong there, though?

@ xxloopylisaxx:

First of all, never, EVER telephone these people! They are taught various methods for getting money out of you. Always write to them (preferably typed) and do not sign the letter.

(See a previous post of mine in this thread with an example of the type of letter you should write.)

Try and read any mail they send whilst sitting on the toilet - it's environmental and a kind of recycling process:D.

Each letter they send has specific keywords either highlighted or in bold, bright red for extra effect. If they are resorting to those types of letters then it's likely they are attempting to frighten you into coughing up.

Has this helped?

• 1 month later...

hi im new to this, i recieved a letter from midas legal services about a £482 debt the letter states LITIGATION WARNING and goes on to say we are part of the moorcroft group and are aware that you have failed to reach a repayment agreement with moorcroft drbt recovery ltd concerning the above account we are now reviewing the account prior to any possible legal action by external solicitors acting on behalf of our clients

to prevent possible further action you must contact moorcroft debt recovery limited at the following address

moorcroft debt recovery limited

p.o. box 17

moorcroft house

2 spring gardens

stockport

sk1 4a3

tel: 0161 475 2818

fax: 0161477 3864

failure to contact moorcroft debt recovery limited by the 08/07/09 may result in the issue of legal proceedings without further notice

m.dobson

now the debt they are trying to recover is a failed contract with o2 i have previously contacted moorcroft via there website told them my circumstances that i am a very low income i have been left in debt by an ex partner i pay out £120 per fortnight on debts leaving 40 for food i eat 1 meal a day and cannot afford any more outgoings.

before that i contacted o2 an advised them i couldnt keep up with the contract at the present rate and could they please reduce the tarrif to the lowest one they i i got the reply we cant do that we must lower it 1 tarrif per month, we cannot lower it to the lowest tarrif imediatly so i assume with the credit crunch on they where just trying to screw me out of as much as possible a month after i contacted o2 my ex partner had my fone with her to go for an appointment, when she got back it had been stolen i informed the police etc obtained a crime number informed o2 of the fact an told them well i cannot afford a new fone so please dont bother sending another sim card out on contract as i will not b able to use it and i wont pay for something i cannot use they sent it an now im getting nasty letters etc :mad: well they will have to take me to court i cannot afford to ring them in stockport etc i have told them my circumstances etc then i found this site so i thought i would relate my tale to u thanks for listening

roman :!:

• 2 months later...

Had a letter this morning from Midas. Signed by M Dobsob, no letters after his name, apparently he is now a "Litigation Manager". As I have already sent a recorded letter to Moorcroft, which has been signed for, I don't know why Midas (a subsidiary of Moorcroft) are writing saying I failed to reach an agreement......when I am in dispute!!! According to postcode finder the 2 addresses are only 392 metres apart, SO WHY DON'T THEY OPEN THE WINDOWS AND SHOUT TO EACH OTHER!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4880 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks