o2

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6096 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In a nutshell I am looking for some consumer case law in terms of examples of the 'reasonable timescale' in order to obtain a refund/replacement from a retailer under SOGA 1979.

02 have a 28 day policy return policy in that if your mobile phone becomes defective after this period then its a 'repair only'.

You guessed it - bought phone for a present. Opened 3 weeks ater, phone is knackered. Brought to attention of 02 retail store 3 days after the 28 days - repair only! no replacement. Accepted 5 working day repair - took 2 weeks to come back - 2 days later phone is knackered again with same problem. Took phone back, refused replacement/refund and suggested another 2 week repair.

I refused this. 4 weeks of letter writing and talking to monkeys on customer services lines indicating that 28 days is mentioned in SOGA 1979! (??????LOL) and all letters werent responded too. So issued proceedings in small claims.

Day after proceedings issued, letter from H/O saying they are prepared to refund. I tell them that I need an extra £30 to cover the court issue fee. They tell me to stick it. Looks like a day in court.

So anyone got any nice case law?

There must be more to this - something as obvious as this would have been pickled up by quality control before the phone was boxed up for retail sale. It could have been a returns item, and sold to you by mistake. Did you check if the number of minutes called or received was 0...? (SE and motorola's do this).