Problems closing a joint account

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5141 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone

Just found this forum and was hoping you could give some advice on closing a joint account.

I split from my partner over a year ago and since then I have been trying to close the account. The account is frozen and I have made several attempts to get my name removed from the account but Halifax refuse unless they have a signed form from my ex.

My question is how do I close the joint account when my ex refuses to sign the paperwork?

Do you have one of you as the main signatory? Was it a single account first then transfered into a joint account. Do you have the T&C when you opened/joined the account?

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

Hi

The account was set as a joint account but my ex-partner was the main signatory for the account.

But I have good news after several compliments via phone to the Halifax I have finally found one person that was sympathetic and they have actually found this mislaid form my ex-partner had signed!!! Anyway the account should be closed in a week.

My advice to anyone is think very carefully about opening up a joint account - I was lucky!!

Excellent news!

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.