Abbey paying up?

linz2011
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6082 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I have today received a letter saying that they are paying in full after my court claim - the account is still with abbey and has a balance of £900 the amount claim back is £1300 - I know (because I was previously informed by rory and P1) that they cannot refund directly to a DCA but can abbey pay off the balance or can I demand the payment in full by cheque? I am trying to get as much money back from charges to offer full and finals to settle accounts

Many thanks;)

Yes Linz....you should specifically request a cheque, I have seen some posts on here where the banking organisation pays it back to pay themselves off.....i'm sure somebody else more qualified will come along soon...

Hi

I issued MCOL against Abbey credit card for £1300, they have sent a letter advising they are paying in full and the money will be credited in full to my account - can I demand they send me a cheque or not?

I have 17 accounts in total and am doing this slowly as the cost of court is expensive and my idea is to get the charges back and then offer full and finals to clear the debt completely

Any thoughts, suggestions, templates

thanks x

Hi linz2011,

You should be able to request a cheque, but it all depends if you owe them anything! If you owe them, then they will more than likely pay it in to clear any monies owed, but you can only ask and they can only say no.

good luck

stay fresh peeps

regards

chris