MBNA/ Arrow Global Help!

bestmate

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5038 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys, an update on an old thread. I CCA's MBNA on a credit card account back in June. They defaulted and passed the 30 day mark, after trying every trick in the book they have now sold the debt on to Arrow Global / Marlin Financial Services.

They have sent me a default letter and a notice of termination letter saying formal legal action will commence in 7 days, which I responded to. I explained in detail giving exact dates of the CCA defaults etc, and that they had been sold the account in error. They have signed for my letter. So am awaiting reply, the only worry I have is that they are still calling and texting my mobile twice a day. I was hoping once they recieved the letter they would stop.... I really don't want to deal with them by phone.

Just looking for assurance I've done everything right so far? Should I speak to them to clarify??

Thanks

Write to MBNA-serious complaint. They have committed a summary offence by

failing to conform with your CCA request. They have now compounded their

default by passing on the debt while it is in dispute. In addition as they have

not supplied the original agreement, they cannot post data on your credit file

especially as it would appear that they do not have the agreement, so do not

have your permission as required by the CRAs.

You want them to contact Arrow advising them that they are to stop harassing you immediately or you will complain to the OFT and Trading Standards of the lack of fitness of MBNA to hold a Consumer Credit Licence.

You also want them to remove all data from your credit file or TS will be

informed.

Send a copy to Arrow with an advice that as they now know the situation,

they will be guilty of harassment should they persist in chasing a debt that

as it stands is unenforceable in Law, they too will be reported to TS and the OFT as unfit to hold a Consumer Credit Licence.

[Do not delete the text messages from your phone as you may need it for

evidence].

Hi Vandermerwe

Arrow Global LLC is a Sallie Mae Company (according to a letter I've had from them).

Sallie Mae was bought by an investment group including Bank of America in April / May this year.

Bank of America announced it was buying MBNA in June 2005.

So MBNA and Sallie Mae are both Bank of America companies.

Regards

Lantana

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, I thought I would update you on the current sitiuation. As lookinforinfo suggested I wrote to MBNA re: serious complaint outlining all of their errors etc, and also copied in Arrow global informing them of my intentions. I gave MBNA 7 days in which to reply before the authorities were informed.

Arrow have now stopped harrassing me....:):)

Today recieved a letter from MBNA stating:

We are currently investigating your complaint and will provide you with a full response by oct 11th......

Which will be about 28 days from my letter. Should I wait for a reply? Or should I just go ahead and report them to the OFT and trading standards anyway?

All thoughts and comments appreciated.

• 2 months later...