OFT COURT CASE - Are Halifax Stalling???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6097 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello!

I have cumulative charges of over £3000 with the halifax that are for unpaid direct debits / cheques. Can anyone tell me if I have a case to claim, the majority of cases i have investigated have centred around overdraught charges. Even though the charges may have been a result of insufficient funds rather than exceeding a set limit i still feel the charges are very excessive and caused an increasing ripple effect that has taken 4 years to climb out of - any advice greatfully recieved ?????

Welcome scotthann yes you have a claim, you can claim anything that is deemed a penalty, you cant claim anything that is a service such as royalty account where you may pay £15 per month for.

Spend a few days reading up the FAQ's and other posts in relation to Halifax as this will prove invaluable in your own claim, when you are ready then start a thread in that forum.

Guest ChloeJane

Hi there,

Thought you might like a link to what can and can't be claimed back -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/25457-guide-reclaiming-bank-charges.html?garpg=6

So if it is DD charges and unpaid cheques etc - yes you claim their fees back!

Best thing to do to begin is to find the forum of the bank and post in there and start asking questions.

To do that click here -

www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum

Scroll through to find your bank - go to the bottom of the page and click "new thread" and that becomes your permanent link to return and ask lots of questions and find out the steps to succesful reclaiming.

All the best, will look out for you in the bank forum,

CJ

Cheers Guys! I didn't want to delve into and waste time on something that would result in a big fat NO (which has been my experience of banks all my life)!!!!

i'll check through the FAQ's and when i've found my feet i'll make a claim.

• 2 months later...

Hi All

I've had a reply for my Charge Claims request claiming that Halifax will not be processing any Refunds until after the conclusion of the pending OFT court case.

Before I start ranting at their customer services i think i'd better ask 2 questions!!!!!

1, is this a legal response from the Halifax and,

2, if not has anyone got any advice on how i should respond.

Thanks

Scott

Hi Scothann

I have just been in court against Lloyds and the judge has ordered a stay (as he mentioned) this is happening with most/ all cases at the moment until the OFT resolve their case. I am still awaiting to hear if this is right from one of the officials on this site (so please dont take my word for it).

Hi everyone:)

Have today posted off my court bundles and copy bundle to Barckays as my case is being heard 31/8/07. When I got home 1/2 hour later on my doormat was a letter from the Bank informing me that they had put a stay on all hearings, just another stat letter really from them.

My court has told me that everything is going ahead as normal, but can someone please help me with regards to preparing a case where a stay has been imposed, but that is only the Bank stating that, not the court.

Is there a thread that will help me with this as I am now in the oh my god what have I got to do now stage.

As before if the Bank did not appear I would have won, but now this is not the case is it:confused:

I will obviously upset the Bank again as I have just submitted to the court a N244 altering all my original figures as I had worked out the Stat Interest incorrectly so my £2900.00 claim has just shot up to £3765.00.

Any one that can help me out there with regards to this Stay thing would be greatly appreciated.

I purchased from the CAG the small claims kit and Book and found this brilliant and would suggest anybody to purchase it as it is spoken in english and not law jargon.

Look forward to hearing from someone soon who may be able to help me, I have two weeks to prepare now and thank god that all the photo copying has been, I was just about losing the will to live

Thanks

Jay

[email protected]

Hi Guys,

Look here to find out what is happening on a court-by-court basis. The situation is pretty confused.

LTSB £9,356 settled in full through the FOS

SIGN the petition to make banks deal with charges

COMPLAIN to your MP about the FSA waiver and the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT

Test Case is being handled.

Hi Goodies,

You might find what you're looking for here.

LTSB £9,356 settled in full through the FOS

SIGN the petition to make banks deal with charges

COMPLAIN to your MP about the FSA waiver and the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT

Test Case is being handled.