colonel-shoe v HSBC

colonel-shoe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6501 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sent out the request for information letter to head office (rather than my local branch). Got a reply yesterday and me 10 pounds back :) . Heres the reply.

"thank you for your enquiry with regard to information about transactions and charges on your account.

We will forward to you copies of statements covering the period in question. These will begin to arrive in seperate batches and will be with you shortly.

We are happy to waive any fees for the production of this information, and we return your payment which was attached with your request.

Although many of our systems are automated, a "manual intervention" by HSBC staff may be required in a variety of situations including account opening, dealing with correspondance or telephone calls, when deposits or withdrawels are made over the counter at our branches and from time to time during account administration.

if you require more information, please let us know. "

There you go, balls rolling. What are they trying to weasel out of in that last paragraph??

Hi,

Welcome to the forums, and the adventure that is dealing with HSBC,

Their last paragraph is standard stuff - in a nutshell they are saying that there is no manual intervention in your account...because everything is automated.

Good luck, and keep us posted. :)

See the steps I took to get my bank charges back.

Spiceskull v HSBC.

Thank you Consumer Action Group.

Read my blog.

Amazon002.gif

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I recieved alot of mail last week, 6 years worth lol. Though they still havent sent me my credit card statements :(.

Now what exactly am i mean to be focussing on here, how do i identify the charges or interventions, are they ones with DR before em?

I just want to be clear on the procedure.

cheers

Well I recieved alot of mail last week, 6 years worth lol. Though they still havent sent me my credit card statements :(.

Now what exactly am i mean to be focussing on here, how do i identify the charges or interventions, are they ones with DR before em?

I just want to be clear on the procedure.

cheers

basically anything with the word charge in it, except for cash machine withdrawals

card misuse, o/d fee, total charges, returned item, charge etc

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

oh also meant to ask whether i should write back to them about the lack of credit card statements? could i threaten them with the data protection ombudsman?

give them the full 40 days to produce them first

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

cheers, glad you mentioned the cash machine charges, I would have included them. what about debit interest?

you mean overdraft interest? its claimable but hellish complicated and wont add up to much , personally i didnt bother, as i didnt want to make any mistakes in the calculation that the banks could pounce on if a court claim was issued

Well ive been through six years worth of statements, phew. It looks like ive been pretty lucky though, apart from overdraft interest and cash machine charges, the only stand out charges were a £10 bankers draft setup charge(which is probably reasonable) and a random £100 "Total charges" which sprung up out of the blue.

So thats it on that account £110 max if indeed they are claimable. Compared to the £1000s that some people have been charged it hardly seems mentioning lol. What do you think?

Im still waiting for me credit card statements, i know they loved charging me on that one.

Well ive been through six years worth of statements, phew. It looks like ive been pretty lucky though, apart from overdraft interest and cash machine charges, the only stand out charges were a £10 bankers draft setup charge(which is probably reasonable) and a random £100 "Total charges" which sprung up out of the blue.

So thats it on that account £110 max if indeed they are claimable. Compared to the £1000s that some people have been charged it hardly seems mentioning lol. What do you think?

Im still waiting for me credit card statements, i know they loved charging me on that one.

the bankers draft thing is prob not a penalty , but a service, and therefore you cant claim it back, the total charges of £100 are for exceeding you allowable account balance by a few days probably

well the way i see it is this

if you lost your wallet which had £100 in , would you be tearing your hair out?, or just " ah well its one of those things"

depends on how much you need it

Youre absolutely right, i was just concerned about taking on the might of hsbc over a small sum (to them). so i guess my next move while im waiting for my credit card statements is sending the 'prelim approach' letter