Ticket from UKPEA on private land

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5391 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Got a ticket for not having a permit on private land in July.

I wrote to HSBC who I contract hire my car from. My business hires the vehicle not me as a person, although I am a sole trader.

I wrote to HSBC and told them not to give out my details. The ticket was issued on private land.

This is their reply ( HSBC)

Where you say the contract is between the driver and the parking company and has no implications on us, can you please explain why this is the case?

As the RK, if we do not pay the fine it will keep on increasing until the bailiffs are instructed. In order to protect ourselves we pay all fines from private parking companies in order to mitigate our loss and we reserve the right to recharge you under section 7.4 of your contract.

If you have reasons to contest the fine then let us know by Aug 24th.

Now what do I do?

Got a ticket for not having a permit on private land in July.

I wrote to HSBC who I contract hire my car from. My business hires the vehicle not me as a person, although I am a sole trader.

I wrote to HSBC and told them not to give out my details. The ticket was issued on private land.

This is their reply ( HSBC)

Where you say the contract is between the driver and the parking company and has no implications on us, can you please explain why this is the case?

As the RK, if we do not pay the fine it will keep on increasing until the bailiffs are instructed. In order to protect ourselves we pay all fines from private parking companies in order to mitigate our loss and we reserve the right to recharge you under section 7.4 of your contract.

If you have reasons to contest the fine then let us know by Aug 24th.

Now what do I do?

Print out the sticky on the forum and send it to them - at the same time pointing out that a private company cannot levy a 'fine' and the registered keeper is not liable for private parking charges

Check 7.4 of your contract - what does it actually say?

Print out the sticky on the forum and send it to them - at the same time pointing out that a private company cannot levy a 'fine' and the registered keeper is not liable for private parking charges

Check 7.4 of your contract - what does it actually say?

Pay promptly any fines, penalties or charges imposed or levied in respect of any use of the vehicle in contravention of any statue, statutory instrument, regulation, rule or order and, in the event of the company being required to process enquires in connection with or called on or ordered to pay such fine or charge, reimburse the same to the company on demand, together with any administration fees charged for processing enquiries or paying fines or charges at the company’s then current rates (details of which will be provided to hirer only on request);”

This is basically saying that the customer is responsible for any charges or fines that they incur whilst having this vehicle. They are also responsible for any administration fees or costs that occur when the charges are processed

Where exactly is the legislation saying that the RK is not liable?