style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6090 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i wonder if anybody could give some advice, i had the bailiff call on friday when i wasnt in, he clampled my car and left a letter with the charges on 238 pound for a stupid parking ticket i forgot about. I called him and arranged to pay him on tuesday evening he never turned up, so yesterday when i was at work he called again and left his number, which i was going to call this morning, when i got up this morning he has left another letter, stating if i dont pay by 12 oclock today he will remove my car and he has added another 50 pound charges, i have tried to call him but his phone went to voicemail so i have left a message, the question is can he charge me another 50 pound, i am willing to pay the original amount, he was the one that never turned up. Advice much appreciated thanks

ok just spoke to bailiff said he had permission to take my car, i argued with him that i was there with the money on tuesday he didnt turn up, have arranged a time with him now and he has took off the extra 50 quid he was gonna charge me, so sorted i hope. Thanks for your help

Under section 78(7) of the Road Traffic Act the bailiff must be certificated or it is not legal for him to do what he has done.

Ask for a copy of his certifcate.

You should also check if the ticket is compliant. Does it have the two dates on it. Date of contravention and date of issue.