nat west-Intrum Justia-Fredrickson - Please Help

moneydragon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5365 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am at the moment on a DMP with payplan and I haven't received statements from Nat West for a few years now. I am sure that I have incurred some charges so I am about to start a claim against them.

Does anyone know the address that I should send my SAR to?

:)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

I have received a reply to my request today from:

Debt Recovery Office

Po Box 5747

Southend on Sea

SS1 9AJ

This is the CC departement I think (they are trying to get me to pay £3 PER statement, so good luck!)

Hi

Debt Recovery Office

Po Box 5747

Southend on Sea

SS1 9AJ

This is the CC departement I think (they are trying to get me to pay £3 PER statement, so good luck!)

Thanks very much will get SAR off Monday:)

Hi

Debt Recovery Office

Po Box 5747

Southend on Sea

SS1 9AJ

Thanks very much will post sar off on Monday:)

• 1 month later...

Hi

I am currently on a dmp and sorting out all of those that have just ripped me off over the years. The story so far I had a Access credit card and everything was fine for years then circumstances changed and with it my finanical situation. Nat West did not want to know they passed me onto Triton, it was these bullies with their threaths that made me seek the help of payplan, anyway things settled down and months later my debt was passed onto Intrum Justita which is who I am currently paying.

I sent a SAR off to Nat West plus £10 and yesterday I received a six year statement which was only for Overlimit Fee and late fee with 0 by every month for the last six years. No balances or payments included.

Also this was their covering letter:

Please find enclosed a breakdown of the charges applies to your account, as requested.

With reference to your request concerning any 'manual intervention' to the administrative charges debited, these charges have been processed in accordance with the terms and conditions of our current aggrement with you as a result of the activity on your account. In the event that you breach the terms and conditions, we will take the appropiate action, contacting customers when appropiate, or handling customer enquiries regarding their account status. When a customer has raise a concern in relation to this process, the matter will be investigated and the decision will be communicated to the customer and where appropriate noted on the account.

I am correct in thinking that NAtWest have not conformed fully with my request and where do I go from here?

Do I need to CCA Triton and Intrum Justita?

Sorry for being long winded but I am confused on what to do next:confused:

Hey moneydragon - welcome on board the nat west forum!!! Soz, I really can't help with this one............... but I know a man who can!!! Over to you please Nattie - I've had way too much 'apple juice'!!!!!!!!!! :D

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Nice one Nattie.............. you're quick on the old keyboard keys tonight though honey!!! :grin:

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Lol........... here Nattie......... have a glass of 'apple juice'!!!!!!!!!! :D

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Hi

I am currently on a dmp and sorting out all of those that have just ripped me off over the years. The story so far I had a Access credit card and everything was fine for years then circumstances changed and with it my finanical situation. Nat West did not want to know they passed me onto Triton, it was these bullies with their threaths that made me seek the help of payplan, anyway things settled down and months later my debt was passed onto Intrum Justita which is who I am currently paying.

I sent a SAR off to Nat West plus £10 and yesterday I received a six year statement which was only for Overlimit Fee and late fee with 0 by every month for the last six years. No balances or payments included.

Also this was their covering letter:

Please find enclosed a breakdown of the charges applies to your account, as requested.

With reference to your request concerning any 'manual intervention' to the administrative charges debited, these charges have been processed in accordance with the terms and conditions of our current aggrement with you as a result of the activity on your account. In the event that you breach the terms and conditions, we will take the appropiate action, contacting customers when appropiate, or handling customer enquiries regarding their account status. When a customer has raise a concern in relation to this process, the matter will be investigated and the decision will be communicated to the customer and where appropriate noted on the account.

I am correct in thinking that NAtWest have not conformed fully with my request and where do I go from here?

Do I need to CCA Triton and Intrum Justita?

Sorry for being long winded but I am confused on what to do next:confused:

anyone

Guest NATTIE

It is a standard thing that is written out. Apologies for the thread hijack it was one of those days when nothing much was happening. Have they supplied the statements?

I would CCA both triton and intrum justicia just to see if they can supply the original agreement.

It is a standard thing that is written out. Apologies for the thread hijack it was one of those days when nothing much was happening. Have they supplied the statements?

I would CCA both triton and intrum justicia just to see if they can supply the original agreement.

Thanks Nattie

No problem for hijacking only wished I had some of the same apple juice!

Nat West did not supply any statements only one sheet of A4 with overdraft charges and late charges all with 0 by each month. I am right in saying that they have failed to comply correctly with the SAR and if so what do I do next.

As for triton and intrum I will get the cca off to them this week.

Guest NATTIE

non compliance is correct, they have failed to provide you with a completed sar. Report them to the ICO and non compliance letter from the bank templates letters section.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

On 27.4.07 I sent Nat West a non compliance letter in respect of my sar request.

Today I received the following:

Please be advised that as yor account was opened on 3.12.1980, we are unable to provide the information your require.

The bank does not legally hold copies of Applications and statements after a period of six years.

Please find enclosed you cheque for £1.00.

(that was word for word including spelling mistakes!)

Can anyone advise where I go from here?

J:confused:

Hi

On 27.4.07 I sent Nat West a non compliance letter in respect of my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) request.

Today I received the following:

Please be advised that as yor account was opened on 3.12.1980, we are unable to provide the information your require.

The bank does not legally hold copies of Applications and statements after a period of six years.

Please find enclosed you cheque for £1.00.

(that was word for word including spelling mistakes!)

Can anyone advise where I go from here?

J:confused:

Just noticed that the above letter was from NatWest but the cheque they returned was the one I sent for cca to Triton Credit Services.

I am now well and truly confused!

Just noticed that the above letter was from NatWest but the cheque they returned was the one I sent for cca to Triton Credit Services.

I am now well and truly confused!

Hello,

I am not an expert but have read many posts re CCA request. IMHO In that letter they have stated that they do not hold your credit agreement, therfore they have complied with your request.

Triton have probably passed the account back to natwest. as there is no CA they cannot legally make to you pay them. The account is unenforcable unless they can produce the ca.

One for you I think:grin:

Anybody please correct me if I am wrong

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hi

Nat West & Intrum Jistita are both now in default of the cca sent on 27.4.07 Triton however sent the above reply together with my £1.

Can anyone please advise as I am paying Intrum via payplan. Can payplan hold out on payment if I was to say it is in dispute. I ask this as at the moment I am trying to sort my finances out and furnishing payplan with the correct balances to reflect the true outstanding debt, but they are just being darn right awkward saying they dont adjust balances under £1k (never heard anything more stupid). Thought they were suppose to be on my side!

I have also reported Nat West to the FO for failing to supply me statements when requested.

What do I do now?:confused:

• 3 months later...

Hi

I had a credit card with nat west which was opened in 1980s everything was fine until 2003 when my financial circumstances changed. Nat West turned nasty very quickly first passing my account onto Triton, this shower were unbelieveably nasty they made me decide to do something constuctive so I entered a dmp with payplan. The next thing I knew was that my monthly payments were going to intrum justita.

I then came across this great site which gave me the confidence to fight these low lifes. I sent an sar to nat west, they failed to comply so I complained to FOS who are continuing to look into this. I then cca intrum justita, they couldn't come up with the agreement so passed it back to nat west. That was back in June.

Today I received a letter from Fredrickson stating that I owed RBOS and that I have failed to pay the outstanding debt despite previous reminders (lies) and must contact them immediately by phone to pay the amount in full. (I know, first golden rule NEVER SPEAK WITH THEM OVER THE PHONE)

I have never had an acoount with RBOS so have nat west passed in on again?

Can someone please please advise me what I should do next. Do I send them a cca letter with I do not acknowledge note:(

You may not be aware but Nat West are now owned by RBS.

Write to Nat West / RBS to follow up your s78 request. Explain that you are still waiting and that despite no cca being forthcoming they have instigated enforcement action against you. Their enforcement activities are unlawful so long as they remain in default of your s78 request.

Point out that you will treat any further enforcement action they take, before fulfilling your statutory request, as harassment.

Write to Fredricksons with a copy of your letter to Nat West / RBS and suggest they return your account to the client as the account is in dispute. Remind Fredricksons that any attempt to enforce the alleged debt is unlawful so long as Nat West / RBS are in default of the s78 request.

Regards

Lantana

I'm not sure if the templates section has a s78 follow up letter, but have a look, alternatively have a look below, edit and amend as required (obviously) ....

To RBS...

I do not acknowledge any RBS / Nat West / ???

I refer to my statutory request made under s78 Consumer Credit Act 1974 dated xx/xx/xx (see copy enclosed). To date I have received no reply and you are thus in default under the act and the account is in dispute.

It is an offence to attempt to enforce an alleged debt while in default under s78. Nevertheless you instructed Fredricksons to recover this debt.

I will consider any further action instigated by RBS / Nat West / ??? or its agents against me (other than to acknowledge this letter and / or fulfil my lawful s78 request) as harassment.

To Fredricksons...

I do not acknowledge any debt to your client, RBS

I refer to your letter of xx/xx/xx.

I wrote to ??? on xx/xx/xx requesting a copy of the credit agreement relating to this account under s78 of the CCA74 (see copy request enclosed). To date I have received no reply, and ??? remain in default of my statutory request.

It is an offence to attempt to enforce an alleged debt while in default under s78.

You are now aware this account is in dispute and ??? are in default. I will consider any further contact from you (other than to acknowledge this letter or provide a true copy of the executed agreement) as harassment.

I suggest you return the account to your client.

You need to write to the group company secretary at the RBS registered office, which is in Edinburgh. Have a look at the RBS website.

Regards

Lantana