Moorcroft Hounding Me

A6er
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6068 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As far as I can see , this now basically comes down to your own moral judgement

I will second that but consider this:

how moral is it for Moorcroft to treat you in the way they have? charging £15 per letter, adding interest and fees, sending people to your door for gods sake!!

just take a look at the thread title!!!!!

i think that, morally, you would be justified in paying them nothing. just think of it as compensation for the grief they have meeted out to you

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

I will second that but consider this:

how moral is it for Moorcroft to treat you in the way they have? charging £15 per letter, adding interest and fees, sending people to your door for gods sake!!

just take a look at the thread title!!!!!

i think that, morally, you would be justified in paying them nothing. just think of it as compensation for the grief they have meeted out to you

I would agree with that.

They treated you with utter contempt, why would you want to pay them a penny. They should have kept their paperwork in order, shouldn't they. It is not hard to maintain a filing system.;)

Hi, I would not worry about Moorcroft (easier said than done) I had 2 accounts with them, one was closed and sent back to the OC, and one, they sent me an agreement form, well it was a cut and pasted one, and it will not stand in a court of law. so I am still waiting, and soon they are becoming enforcable, so I will just wait until the oc send some correspondence, ad then start again, basically they are poddles dressed up in a rottweiler costume

By taking the suggested approach Moorcroft will never be paid those charges or any interest that they have added to this uneforceable debt. They stand to lose entirely on this account, in doing so it might make them a bit more careful to check the paperwork in the future before harrassing people.

As for not repaying the debt at all, well that is for each individual to decide. I have been on the wrong end of Moorcroft and others DCA's in the past so fully appreciate the distress they cause families.

But at the heart of it, and I can only speak for myself here, I don't think that the purpose of this site is to enable people to get out of paying debts that they owe. It is more about giving the individual the knowledge and support to allow them to get control of their affairs, and let them negotiate a repayment schedule which is realistic and achievable, without the constant worry of unscrupulous DCAs phoning, writing and threatening to visit and remove goods etc.

Cheers

Prelim sent May '06

LBA sent June '06

Fob off now rec'd to the prelim

Copy of fob off now rec'd as response to LBA!

Full repayment of all charges since 1997 now received.

Account Closed

Donation made :)

In view of the fact that they have not got the original loan agreement, then it is hard to see how they can lawfully process any data about your loan.

Especially as they have to give an undertaking to the Credit Reference Agencies that they have your permission to pass your data to them. I would

make it a condition of your continued payment to them that they remove any

default they may have showing on your account.

I would totally ignore Morecrap. They cannot prove you owe anyone anything. Do not respond to any communication from them no matter what they say. I would contact the original creditor and come to a reasonable agreement with them regarding the outstanding balance

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys

Had a phone call on Sunday 2pm from Moorcroft asking to discuss this debt.

This is nearly 2 weeks after they sent letter admitting that they had no legal basis to chase the debt.

Guy gave his name as Lee Parkway and I confirmed his number thru 1471.

What is my next step as I had warned them in my CCA letter not to contact me by phone.

They sent a letter confirming they have no right to enforce this debt through court order so can they still chase me like this?

How can I make them stop as I had visitors on Sunday and was embarassed to answer the call.:evil:

As always,gratefull for any help:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Contact Morecrap and demand a copy of their complaints procedure also report them to TS and the OFT. If they fail to send you a copy of their complaints procedure or fail to properly address your complaint report them to the FOS who will charge them £400 to investigat your complaint. The more complaints this shower get the quicker their licence may be revoked

That's outrageous, but unfortunately not surprising. These people really do not know when they are beaten.

ODC's advise was spot on though. Make sure a full complaint goes to each of the bodies listed, it seems to be a bit of a mixed bag as to whether they will do much but given the circumstances here you are in a very stromg position and I am sure they will see you right.

Cheers

Prelim sent May '06

LBA sent June '06

Account Closed

Hi

After receiving a letter from Moorcroft on the 22 august 2007 stating that they accept that the debt is unenforceable via a court order i have now received this.

moorcrapSmall.jpg

and after receiving this one a few weeks ago

moorcrap2Small.jpg

Can they still chase me with these letters.

I have wrote to Argos asking to restart payments with them but as yet have heard nothing.

HOW DO I GET THESE MOORCROFT PEOPLE OFF MY BACK!!!!!!!!!!

even tho they admit they cant enforce the debt thru the courts its all seems a waste if they can still send letters like this.

As always, appreciate all help.

Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Dear Moorcrap

Thank you for your letter dated xxxxx admitting you were chasing an Unenforcable Debt. As by your own admission this debt is Unenfoceable I will not be entering into ANY MORE coorespondence with you in regard to this matter. Any further communication from you will be passed to Trading Standards andthe Office of Fair Trading. I trust I make myself abundantly clear.

yours etc

:D Nice one ODC - I think that just about covers it.

Cheers

Prelim sent May '06

LBA sent June '06

Account Closed

Thanks ODC

will post today.

But still dont have answer as to if they are allowed to continue this harassment over this.Seems to me that they break all/any rules meant to protect us and get away with it.

Cheers

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OOh I'm watching this one with great interest! I had them on my back too, but they don't write to me any more, so I think they sent my file back to the OC, or maybe sold it on. Who knows? I keep losing track.....

ETA: "I trust I make myself abundantly clear" ROFL. LOVE IT!

But still dont have answer as to if they are allowed to continue this harassment over this.

They most certainly are not. ODC's letter makes it clear where you stand on this. The debt is legally unenforceable, whether you pay it back or not is entirely your decision to make, and short of a poilte request there is nothing they can do. I guess you would now be in a strong position if they continue to write to threaten court action against them for harrassment. At this stage I would just wait for the response to ODC's letter.

Cheers

Prelim sent May '06

LBA sent June '06

Account Closed

:D ok, my bad ODC. Sorry.

But it does illustrate how futile the position is that Moorcrap are now in. They cannot enforce the debt legally and they just aren't capable of asking nicely. Kind of backs them into a no win corner doesn't it? Shame

Prelim sent May '06

LBA sent June '06

Account Closed