Please Help Urgent £80 To £310 Bailif

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5145 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi really need some help here, i got a letter hand delivered that said a bailif had attended from equita, the debt was £80 for a parking fine i borrowed some money off a friend and rang up to pay the £80, but he said now its £310 cause he came out

what do i do?? he siad iv got 24 hrs?? surely putting it up £230 pounds is grossly unfair?!?! help!!!!!!

who was the parking ticket with,

ask the bailiff for a breakdown of the charges. if this is the first visit then he can only charge 22.50. not a penny more. I suggest you pay the fine straight to the creditor not the bailiffs. if they come round again do not let them in.

right i just spoke to the bailif on the fone n he said he has been round once, do you definatly know its 22.50 were did you get this from?? he says he wont agree to take part payments either and iv got till 1pm he says i can have a brakdown of the charges when i pay, he says iv got 24 hrs help!!!! the fine was with plymouth city council

See if the council have some sort of automated payment system (phone or internet) and try to pay via that - often the council will accept the payment that way even if they say they won't.

Otherwise, I would ask for a breakdown of what the costs are actually for. Are you on any sort of benefits or could you be considered a "vulnerable" person?

right i just spoke to the bailif on the fone n he said he has been round once, do you definatly know its 22.50 were did you get this from?? he says he wont agree to take part payments either and iv got till 1pm he says i can have a brakdown of the charges when i pay, he says iv got 24 hrs help!!!! the fine was with plymouth city council
How To Deal With The Bailiff

this may help.. and I would just send the payment to the council, they can only send it back.

To be honest, your best bet is to STOP PHONING HIM. Write a letter to the stating that you will only deal in writing, that you know your rights and that you will not allow the bailiff entry to your property for any reason. Then explain that you believe that the charges ought to be reasonable and not disproportionate to the size of the debt and you therefore contest them.

Copy the letter to the council.

Try to make payment direct to the council too as I mentioned before

it wont let me pay automated and i spoke to an operator who wont take it:(

it says on the site to make a payment eithether by phoning or sending check but then on the site found this payments link https://secure.plymouth.gov.uk/newpay.asp should i use it then under payment description select invoice payment??

the original fine before it was with equita was £35

if i write as above will this stop him coming out and adding even more charges??

also were does this 22.50 come from?? is there any way i can verrify this?? not that i dont belive you lol

If it will let you pay online then do so - if not, it may still be possible to pay by a direct bank transfer (often called a Bill Payment if you bank online) to the council but you may need their bank details.

I am not certain of the exact charges a bailiff can make for this type of debt but try the site zigster mentions...

ok so i am going to write a letter that will state...

i will only deal with them in writing

i demand a full exact brake down of costs and charges that should not be disproportionate

i will not let them in to the house

if i do this will it stall them and stop them adding rediculose charges??

Make sure you copy the council and if you cant get the council to accept a payment state that you are not refusing to pay, just disputing the amount owed.

I'm sorry I can't guarantee they will stop adding charges or even stall them as bailiffs seem to be a law unto themselves. If the original fine was for the area where you live it may also be worth trying to get hold of your local councillor...

nope it wont take it online either , shall i send a cheque??

found this aswell its pretty much exactly the same senario, notice how someone has calculated the fees and charges is this correct?? if it is mine should be roughly the same shouldnt it??

JustClaim :: View topic - Equita

it wont let me pay automated and i spoke to an operator who wont take it:(

it says on the site to make a payment eithether by phoning or sending check but then on the site found this payments link https://secure.plymouth.gov.uk/newpay.asp should i use it then under payment description select invoice payment??

the original fine before it was with equita was £35

if i write as above will this stop him coming out and adding even more charges??

also were does this 22.50 come from?? is there any way i can verrify this?? not that i dont belive you lol

The £22.50 you are being quoted on here is wrong, that is for a visit on Council Tax. A first visit charge would be between £28 and £57 and also an Attendance to Remove charge could have been added which could be from £90 to £180.

The £22.50 you are being quoted on here is wrong, that is for a visit on Council Tax. A first visit charge would be between £28 and £57 and also an Attendance to Remove charge could have been added which could be from £90 to £180.

my apologies I often get those figures muddled thank you for correcting my mistake.