Hfc

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5151 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm currently trying to claim a rebate back on my PPI - they have said they will cancel it but not give me anything back. However when i previously tried to cancel it they said i could AND claim a rebate if i took out a new loan. After going through FOS they said i could cancel it without taking out a new loan HOWEVER i couldn't claim anything back. Surely if they have told me previously i would be entitled to a rebate they have to now give it me?

I'm currently trying to claim a rebate back on my PPI - they have said they will cancel it but not give me anything back. However when i previously tried to cancel it they said i could AND claim a rebate if i took out a new loan. After going through FOS they said i could cancel it without taking out a new loan HOWEVER i couldn't claim anything back. Surely if they have told me previously i would be entitled to a rebate they have to now give it me?

Did you get any of this in writing?..

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

They can do that. It's a straight refund to the account it was charged to. This is what they call an offset. At least you have the refund although not in the form of a cheque.

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

I'm 100% hacked off with HFC as their complaints system is a joke. After having a chat with a very nice lady at FOS yesterday she has suggested that that the best cause of action would be to submit a formal complaint about the miss selling of PPI to the FOS and they will look into it.

Just out of Interest I phoned my local HFC yesterday and asked for the PPI to be removed from my loan, but was informed that should I wish to have it removed I would need to refinance to cover the remaining balance. I asked for a quote over the phone and was told that my monthly repayments would increase by £11.16, when I inquired why this was I was told this was because "Terminal Illness" (I forget the exact name he used) cover had been Included.

I regret ever using this two bit company!! :-x

It just goes to show profit driving these kids are, and how much they DON'T listen!

I know. . i had a tangle with them recently over old charges. I used the Ombudsman and won. The same person i dealt with at the HFC bank, had to authorise my payment. Talk about a slap in the face for her.

WARNING TO ALL

I would have dug out my finest Smug look just for her.

The person on the other end of the phone was son young that I expected him to asked if i wanted fries with the new loan!

When I wanted to buy a new Tv a couple of months back I thought about taking out 6 months Interest free and settling the ballance at the end of the term. However, when I found out HFC would be providing the finance I decided to wait until I had the money in full.

If you have sent in copies of everything, letters, schedule, etc then the Ombudsman will ask the bank or yourself for the rest. They seem to do a good job. The man i was in contact with asked the bank for full disclosure,and he did'nt get it, so they paid out to keep that under wraps. Charges from 1996 paid in full and 8%. .

I've seen you in action on here, you're no simpleton

WARNING TO ALL