Advice needed please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5995 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

my bad it was a parking attendant, they are all the same in my opinion.

By the way what IS the difference.

One is employed by the council, the the other the police. They do different jobs as well, while a PA will tickets vehicles to try and meet targets and increase revenue, a TW will try to keep the traffic flowing by speaking to drivers, generally being nicer, and also can direct traffic etc.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you show a case reference as I would be interested to see the adjudicators ruling as if there where none of the legal grounds for upholding the appeal they are acting unlawfully.

and I would get that how?????:rolleyes:

so what you are saying is that an adjudicator has to follow the exact letter of the law???

I can assure you that all circumstance are taken into account.. matter closed

One is employed by the council, the the other the police. They do different jobs as well, while a PA will tickets vehicles to try and meet targets and increase revenue, a TW will try to keep the traffic flowing by speaking to drivers, generally being nicer, and also can direct traffic etc.

I am enlightened thank you :)

and I would get that how?????:rolleyes:

so what you are saying is that an adjudicator has to follow the exact letter of the law???

I can assure you that all circumstance are taken into account.. matter closed

Errr yes its a legal process they cannot just make stuff up as they go along?! They can recommend a Council does not pursue a Penalty charge but cannot uphold an appeal on a valid PCN where the contravention has taken place they do not have the power and a Council would ask for a review and get the case overturned.

You can say matter closed as you have nothing to back up your incorrect information. This board is here to give advice to members telling people to take mitigation to adjudication on the back of incorrect information is wasting their time and money.

Errr yes its a legal process they cannot just make stuff up as they go along?! They can recommend a Council does not pursue a Penalty charge but cannot uphold an appeal on a valid PCN where the contravention has taken place they do not have the power and a Council would ask for a review and get the case overturned.

You can say matter closed as you have nothing to back up your incorrect information. This board is here to give advice to members telling people to take mitigation to adjudication on the back of incorrect information is wasting their time and money.

have you ever attended a hearing? did you read the link i gave you did you read the second page or in fact any of it, the appeal was upheld not just because of certain procedures that the council failed to follow but because of genuine circumstances that had arisen when getting the said PCN. I was there I heard with my own ears what the adjudicator said.It was my mother whose PCN had also had the appeal upheld because she over stayed on a visitors permit due to the fact that she is disabled and couldnt get to change the permit in time the adjudicator allowed the appeal on that basis only. Im sorry that I dont have the proof you ask for to prove to you that I am right. You will just have to take my word on this one.

there are some compassionate people in this world who dont look on every case with the eyes you do

My my Mean and Green, do you ever stop winding everybody up, bet you sit there smiling as you do it;)

Anyway the final response to my appeal is that they have waivered the penalties. And they will not issue us with Parking permits. So will probably be posting up again.

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

My my Mean and Green, do you ever stop winding everybody up, bet you sit there smiling as you do it;)

Anyway the final response to my appeal is that they have waivered the penalties. And they will not issue us with Parking permits. So will probably be posting up again.

Good news!! I don't mean to wind people up I just know the law and it's only the Councils that can apply discretion at appeals stage as they have done for you. I don't know what to suggest about the permits you might try getting an official looking sign made up to go on the dash stating 'midwife on emergency call' or such like with a space to write in the address, its not guarenteed to work but may prevent a few sensible PAs from giving you a ticket.

Once again I never cease to be amazed at how a "health worker" has such in depth knowledge of parking law when their only interest is in making

sure everyone who gets a ticket or invoice feels they have to pay, what next computer engineers feeling the same :lol:

Apologies for jumping in Hellhasnofury, carry on and filter the good advice from the bad, i'm sure you're more than capable.

All posts by myself are without prejudice and do not constitue legal advice, they are purely for the discussion of points of law and consumer rights.

I am however not affiliated in any way shape or form with any financial institution or parking company. And if i am elected I will make it mandatory that all persons posting on this forum make such a declaration just so we can all see who the trolls are :-)

thats great news .. apologies for the hijack