Me v Natwest Post OFT Announcement

neil cox

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5154 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been looking for a definitive thread to follow about a case against the Natwest since the OFT decided too shaft all the little people in favour of the banks without much success as there doesnt seem to be a single thread that covers the court stages onwards so hopefully this thread can become the guide for anyone at this stage with cobbetts.

I believe I was only days away from an offer from Cobbetts when the OFT bombshell came so this is the stage I am at right now.

Today I recieved my N149 form from Morpeth County Court, I phoned them last week and was assured that there was no blanket stay on all cases and the judge would decide if it was heard.

My claim is for £5,800 including interest and I intend to fight all the way to get that money back.

I would appriciate any help firstly with documentation to send with my N149 and later with any other assitance I require as my case progresses.

I will update with further information as I recieve it.

Hi neil, welcome on board!

You'll also find it useful to start a thread in the Nat West forum - you'll find an awful lot of other claimants are in the same situation as yourself right now.

If you click on the link for Nat West Clamants in my signature you'll also find some useful information for completing your AQ.

Best of luck with your claim :)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Hi, these links provide more info about the impact of the OFT test case.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/oft-bank-charges

http://www.oft.gov.uk/advice_and_resources/resource_base/market-studies/personal2

It is is important that you continue with your court proceedings. There is no blanket stay on court hearings. But you should be aware the solicitors for Natwest (Cobbets) will write to the court asking for a stay. It is also likely this will be granted pending the outcome of the test case. This has happened to me. My court hearing was today. On Monday Cobbets wrote to the Court Manager asking for a stay and one of their solicitors also turned up at the hearing. The District Judge said he had no option but to grant a stay and proceedings have been suspended until 01/04/08. Don't let this put you off - it just means a longer wait for a resolution. Let us hope the OFT win.