Help on claiming Capital One Charges

Guest cruzier
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6039 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest cruzier

Hi guys,

Since February 2007 I have been charged £120 in overlimit charges.

How do I go about adding on the interest which people have been mentioning to me?

If they have charged me £120 how much should I ask back?

Many thanks.

Guest cruzier
Well as you have been charged £120 then that is is base of your claim, plus interest and court costs.

This isn't a game of pick numbers out of thin air.

Thanks for your reply, but I said nothing about picking a number out of thin air. I asked how to work out the interest charged on top of the £120 charges.

OK so that's 24.89%.

Now before you even start trying to claim CI you need to fully understand the mechanics behind the process.

There are a number of threads on the Cap1 board that cover just this.

i suggest that yoy go and have a really good read.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cruzier

Okay on 16th August I sent a letter on 18th recieved a letter, informing that because all the charges were £12 they were not prepared to offer a gesture of goodwill.

Any advice or suggestions?

You will have to send a Letter Before Action asking for all of the charges back in full, as they won't come clean about the true cost of their charges. They will refuse to up the offer, so the next stage then is to file with the court using an N1 form. Don't use the online MCOL site, as the Particulars of claim part is too small to fit all of the wording into.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I received another letter today, informing me that they refuse to offer me any gesture of goodwill and no refunds will be made and she said that this was her final response.

What do I do now?

Also, I need some further advice on compounding the interest rate, as I downloaded the credit card spreadsheet and I entered the daily interest rate and then entered the chanrges and dates and it came to over £1k.

Okay, but is the spreadsheet system correct? Cus the original amount charged in fees was£120.00 and then after I entered all the charges and the days since it incurred etc, it came to: £1,274.42. Is this right?

What is your rate of interest, and how old are the charges?.

Also you have the option of going to the Ombudsman. They will look at your claim for you, no court fees either. Some courts have applied a Stay to some cases, even though they are Credit Card claims. The complaint form can be found at the bottom here:

our complaints procedure and how to complain

Just fill it in with all copies of the correspondance you have. You must have the letter, stating that this is Capital Ones final answer on your case before the Ombudsman will proceed.

Don't do anything with the court, as you are getting the Ombudsman to go through your claim. Make sure you do put "THIS IS A CREDIT CARD CLAIM, NOT BANK CHARGES" on the initial complaint letter, as the Ombudsman won't investigate bank charges at the moment.

Hope this helps

uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Hi UK,

Some of them are over 150 days old and some are a few weeks ago.

My barclays charges are over 2 years old

Thanks for the advice on the ombudsmen, will send my complaint through.