** All Mcol Claims Automatically Stayed **

zootscoot
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5718 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

All claims issued via MCOL will be automatically stayed once a defence has been lodged.

If no defence is filed you can still go for judgment by default.

Further updates as we get them.

IT IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED CLAIMANTS FILE THROUGH THEIR LOCAL COURT USING N1.

To see how your local court is approaching stays follow this thread:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/109936-find-out-here-if.html

• 4 weeks later...

If your claim has been stayed by MCOL you can contact them to request that the case is transferred to your local court. If a request is received MCOL WILL transfer your claim.

Your local court may also order a stay which you may then, if you wish, make an application to lift the stay based on your individual circumstances.

There have been some successes with regards to lifting a stay but also many disappointments. You need to consider your own circumstances as to whether you feel it is appropriate for you to apply to have the stay lifted.

• 10 months later...

Hi, this is my first post so i hope i get it right. I am about to reclaim from Capital One and was just wondering if it is still advisable to go through the local court via N1 form or is it ok to use MCOL. The reason i am asking is due to the fact that the above posts were made last year and i am unsure whether the situation has recently changed or not.

Thanks in Advance

• 3 weeks later...

hello- i have also posted this on the general but i think here might be more relevant! I have made a claim online and have got a letter today from northampton court saying "it is ordered following the filing of a defence the claim shall be stayed pending judgement in OFT case. it also says that a party affected by this order may apply to have it set aside, varied or stayed within 7 days.

I take this to mean my claim has been automatically stayed and i have 7 days to have it set aside.(please correct me if i`m wrong)

so...i live nowhere near northampton-i`m outside london and my local court (kingston) is on the list of courts that seem to be taking each case as it comes. should i ask for it to be transferred? or is it too late? (i never knew i could have it heard locally!) would i have to do this within this 7 days also??

apologies for the long post! there are so many questions! its a minefield:confused:

• 4 weeks later...

I phoned my local court today to enquire about filing my claim via the courts but was told that it would be stayed anyway. It didnt dawn on me until later this evening that i never actually stated that my claim was for credit card charges and NOT bank charges. Would this make a difference or are all claims being stayed now?? I was under the impression that there was not a hold up with the credit card claims but i may have misunderstood. I could always phone the courts again tomorrow but thought someone on here might be able to help me!