• Tweets

• lookinforinfo - many thanks for your reply. It would be very interesting to get the letter of discontinuance. The court receptionist said that the county court was in Gloucester 'today' so that makes me think that some days it is in Gloucester and some days its in Cheltenham, it was maybe changed by the courts and i was never informed, who knows if DCBL were or not. My costs were a gallon of petrol and £3.40 for parking. I certainly don't want to end up in court again that's for sure but never say never lol. Its utterly disgusting the way these crooks can legally treat motorists but that's the uk for you. I'm originally from Scotland so it's good that they are not enforceable there but they certainly still try to get money out of you. I have to admit i have lost count of the pcn's i have received in the last 2 yr and 4 months since coming to England for work, most of them stop bothering you on their own eventually, it was just this one that they took it all the way. Like i mentioned in my WS the the likes of Aldi and other companies can get them cancelled but Mcdonalds refused to help me despite me being a very good customer.   brassednecked - many thanks   honeybee - many thanks   nicky boy - many thanks    
    • Huh? This is nothing about paying just for what I use - I currently prefer the averaged monthly payment - else i wouldn't be in credit month after month - which I am comfortable with - else I wold simply request a part refund - which I  would have done if they hadn't reduced my monthly dd after the complaint I raised (handled slowly and rather badly) highlighted the errors in their systems (one of which they do seem to have fixed) Are you not aware DD is always potentially variable? ah well, look it up - but my deal is a supposed to average the payments over a year, and i dont expect them to change payments (up or down) without my informed agreement ESPECIALLY when I'm in credit over winter.   You are happy with your smart meter - jolly for you I dont want one, dont have to have one  - so wont   I have a box that tells me my electricity usage - was free donkeys years ago and shows me everything I need to know just like a smart meter but doesnt need a smart meter,  and i can manually set my charges - so as a side effect - would show me if the charges from the supplier were mismatched. Doesn't tell me if the meters actually calibrated correctly - but neither does your smart meter. That all relies on a label and the competence of the testers - and the competence of any remote fiddling with the settings. You seem happy with that - thats fine. I'm not.    
    • Evening all,   So today, I was sent an updated offer that includes the £12.60 I spent on letters, but they have declined to add the interest at £7.40. They have stating 'We acknowledge your request to claim interest to date, however, this would be at the discretion of a trial judge if the claim did proceed to a trial hearing.' I think I am content with this outcome, and pushing this to a trial for a total interest of £15.30 throughout the claim does not make sense to me.   What are people's thoughts? I am sure our courts have better things to concentrate on?
    • FFRSG3424ListofEvidencepdf-V1 2-merged.pdfFFRSG3424ListofEvidencepdf-V1 2-merged.pdf 2pages T&C,s UCM
    • Have to attend the hearing and present evidence of his financial position (income & expenditure) and  statements ,and agree an acceptable payment plan with the judges guidance.  It will be a form of redetermination hearing as already stated.The court will not agree to bailiffs if the financials do not reflect it or assetts are minimal. They just want to determine his true affordable disposable monthly figure....which will not be £10.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

GMAC Mortgage

chris5219
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5818 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

After reading a thread by Louisk successfully taking Kensington mortgage company to court I'm thinking of doing the same with GMAC our old mortgage company. We re-mortgaged with them in 2003 because of our poor credit rating this was the only mortgage we could get (or so they led us to believe)It was fine for the first year the interest was around 7%. It was a low start one that went up after the first year. So in 2004 it went up to around 8% and the re-payments went up about £100.00 per month and it wasn't a fixed mortgage so every time the interest rate went up so did our repayments sometimes this was about 4 times a year. We started to fall behind on the repayments but each time making an arrangement to pay back the arrears. GMAC were charging us £50.00 per month as the account was more than one month in arrears. We also received court summons on 2 separate occasions, both times it was GMACS fault we got these. The first time I was called at work and told a letter was about to be sent and I should pay to stop the letter, I asked how much she said whatever you can afford. I paid them £10.00, but they still issued us with court summons I called them and I was told we should never have received them. When I checked our mortgage statement I saw we had been charged approx £600.00 for solicitors and court fees even though it had never actually gone to court. A similar thing happened again about a year later. We got further into arrears again I phoned to make an arrangement the lady I spoke to asked if we could pay an extra £100.00 off the arrears (I had already offered £125.00 per month but needed to pay an extra £100.00 to get the arrears down to an amount that would stop it going to court) I said yes. In the meantime we received court summons again so I called them again asking why? I was told because the interest rate went up again!! it brought the arrears above the "safe limit" again, but I was told it was a misunderstanding and that we shouldn't have received the court summons. Again we were charged £425.00 for this "misunderstanding". We have since re-mortgaged (even though we did have a poor credit rating I made sure the mortgage was paid with no arrears for a year so we re-mortgaged and got an interest rate of 5.5% fixed for 3 years. Much better) although we paid £5000.00 ERC it was worth it because GMAC's interest rate by this time was 9.8%. All these charges were paid off by our new mortgage company, but I want to claim back the £50.00 per month arrears charges and the solicitors and court fees which amount to £1025.00 alone. I think we've kept all the statements from GMAC so I just have to dig these out.

I'll let you know how I get along with this one.

Chrissie

Hi zootscoot,

Yes I'll do a review on GMAC, they really are the pits to deal with and I'll keep you posted. I've dig out all the charges I could find they add up to £1502.00. They charged an early exit fee of £5000.00 too but we were aware of that, and with the new mortgage we've got now we save approx £250.00 per month and its fixed for 3 years we managed to re-mortgage just before Christmas last year which is just as well the one with GMAC was repayment only and with the interest rate going up all the time we wouldn't have been able to afford it.

Cheers

Chrissie.

Im in the process of having a go at GMAC have you looked at your original agreement Ist some of there mortgages say you only have to pay erc in the ist 3 years also all solicitors costs have to be reasonable do you have it in writuing that they made a mistake what paperwork do you have from them and the court

they really are the pits to deal with and I'll keep you posted.

Please do...Im stuck with

GoingMadAboutCharges for a while yet, but revenge WILL be mine.....

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

Hi Bona,

We have it in writing you pay exit fees for first 4 years so we had to pay £5000.00 just to get out. They are steep but its swings and roundabouts we are saving about £250.00 per month with our new mortgage so it will eventually pay for its self.

No I dont have it in writing they made a mistake just verbal on the phone. I was naive enough to think as it was their mistake we wouldn't be charged...wrong!!

We got full court papers addressed to both me and my husband even with the time and date we were due to appear. But on the statement they charged solicitors fees only. I always promised myself somehow I would try to claim these charges back, but at the time we still had the mortgage with them so we didn't want to "rock the boat" so to speak. Now we've re-mortgaged I'm going after them.

Bona and Tonycee Good luck with GMAC.

I'm on a mission I've got Alliance and Leicester our old bank on my list also dealing with American Express and their DCA's Newmans, AIC and Cr*pQuest.

All the best

Chrissie

• 8 months later...

We had a mortgage with G-Mac from 2002/2007 and in that period we were charged a total of £2500 for all sorts of fees,arrears fee direct debit fees etc. It was only recently we decided to try and claim our fees back that we got into discussion with them, they refused and we have gone through the process of registered letters back and forth. there response was sorry we cant help, at this point most people will give up, but out of pure anger I have issued a court summoms against them, I might not win but there again I might. It has cost us £80 to issue just over ones months arrears cost with g-mac but the fact we are going to go to court with them has given me a little bit of self pleasure, like the old saying SEE YOU IN COURT, I will. I will let you no the out come. Bring it on is what I say.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Chubbykins

interested on how you get on , got my erc back and £24,000 over paid solictors fees just about to start oc arreas fees ect and interest on costs which they have not paid, most people seem to get there penalty charges back