1st Credit & Now Connaught Collections

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5718 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All, it's been some time since i last posted.

I have now had a response from a CCA request made on the 23 April 2007 to 1st Credit, however the letter i have just received is from a company calling them selves Connaught Collections UK Ltd.

The letter goes like this.

We have been instructed by 1st Credit to recover this debt.

It is now our intention to issue a statutory demand under the Insolvency Act 1986 (Bankruptcy), as we are unaware of any vaild reason for your non-payment.

Please conatct us to arrange a mutually convenient time and date for service.

Should you fail to contact us within 7 days then a statutory demand will be issued without further warning.

I was just wondering if this would stand up as i have had no CCA from 1st credit.

Any help would be appreciated.

as we are unaware of any vaild reason for your non-payment.

Does this mean : we know you disputed it but we are hoping you have forgotten ?

There is a letter you can answer with. Im sure one of the more knowlageble members will be along shortly to advise.

To keep things ticking along CCA Connaught as well.

They have been sending out stat demands like confetti for a while and they need to be shown legally that this debt is in dispute and only a CCA will do.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

I have just give 1st credit a call to see who now owns this debt.

The guy said 1st credit still own the debt however it has been passed over to our other company (Connaught Collections) which is owned by 1st credit.

Do i still need to CCA Connaught, as this is a company owned by 1st credit, or do i just send them a letter explaining that a CCA has already been requested from 1st Credit.

Cheers.

They aren't allowed to pass anything on once they default on the 12 + 2 :rolleyes:

Even within the same group, as no CCA = no right to continue to process your personal data.

Report them to Trading Standards ASAP saying that 1st credit are way past the summary crimminal offence deadlines and now they've nawtily passed your details to another DCA.

Hi

I had one of these and as soon as I CCA Connaughts they passed the file back to 1st Credit.

Like Babybear says report them to Trading Standards ASAP, the more complaints about 1st Credit the better:p

Interestingly enough these were the guys who have bankrupted me (I am awaiting a court date for the annulment) Connaught have already said they will ask for the original CCA from the original customer and 1st Credit never responded to my CCA request......I'm going to put these up to the judge....and then sue them both

it was over 3K Rose....NEVER received any paperwork at all until the Bankruptcy Order was made....and I never received the stat demand....I was working in London at the time which I can prove....they are going to be in serious trouble....as they will have broken the law soon over my CCA....

Hi all thanks for the advice, but guess what, by some kind of miracle a CCA arrived today, however it had no covering letter only my account number on top which suggets it's from 1st Credit.

This is a very, very poor photocopy and some of the text can't even be read.

The problem i have got is i don't know if this is an application form or an aggreement as it seems to be both & if it is an agreement can it be enforced as it is months late.

It has all the information on it that would assume it's a CCA however there are some bits that say - we will use credit scoring in deciding whether to accpet your application.

Here's a scan of the CCA - I know it's not much use but if give's an idea of the layout.

attachment.php?attachmentid=998&stc=1&d=1187169348

Any info would be appreciated.

northern rock cca.jpg

• 1 year later...

RacingDriver

A bit of a hijack but as of today i am in exactly the same position as you. I arrived home from work to find exactly the same letter from Connaught that you did, word for word. I have just startted my owen threed so maybe we can share advice?