About to start

speedy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6472 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone. What a great website. After reading alot of info on here i looked online at my statements for the past 6 years. I was amazed at how much i had been charged. £4585.07.

These charges come in the form of interest, charges and total charges. The charges/total charges range from £10 to £30 for the same thing. I wrote all the charges down but i'll now print off 72 pages and mark all the charges and send them with my letter.

When i ask for the money back do i ask for all of it or everything apart from the interest. Am i entitled to all the money or just a proportion as there entitled to charge me something. Another thing ive noticed is that sometimes ive been charged interest 2 or 3 times on the same day.

Cheers

Steve

Hi and Welcome

you can ask for everything that you have named wxcept the interest.You can claim part of the interest but it is complicated and hardly worth the time and effort needed so the majority don't bother , plus the bank is entitled to charge something to cover their ( very limited ) charges so usually its recommended not to claim it

The £10 charges seem low do you have some sort of account where you pay a monthly charge for it ?

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

What are total charges? I'm hoping you've not duplicated up here.

Re the interest, sometimes this is shown as gross, then tax deducted, then net, which could amount to your 3 figures on one day. Don't duplicate here either. You want to claim only the net.

[

No its ok ive not duplicated. There are times when they have taken for example.

£8.46 on 5th in interest

£1.94 on 5th in interest

£18 on 5th total charges

£36 on 5th total charges

£30 on 6th in charges

£30 on 7th in charges

£30 on 25th in charges

All in the same month. :confused:

The interests on the 5th. Do they both relate to that account? Sometimes you can have interest applied on an account, but deducted from another if agreed beforehand.

It just seems so odd, but then, that's banks for you. Let them explain if necessary.

Good luck.:)

[

Ive worked out that the bank have charged me £4282.01 and £213.99 in interest over the last 6 years. Im not sure where to put the 8% interest that im allowed to add. There isnt anywhere on the request for repayment letter to put the amount.

Cheers

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all. Well today is day 14 and still no reply from the bank so i'll send my LBA. Last night i started the spreadsheet for interest. I gather you just go over the top of what is already there but when i reached the totals it just deleated them and i wasnt shure how to carry on so i closed the spreadsheet not realising it was a web page so it didnt save :mad: so i'll have to start again. What have i done wrong.

cheers

steve

well best bet is to download the spreadsheet in excel format

http://www.bankactiongroup.helpwithmypc.com/resources/BankCharges.xls

if you dont have m-s excel then download this, its free and is compatible with excel

http://openoffice.bouncer.osuosl.org/?product=OpenOffice.org&os=win〈=en&version=2.0.3

by the way, make sure you send in your charges breakdown with your LBA,

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

Thanks Maverik.

I posted my LBA but didnt send the charges breakdown as i had already sent this with my first letter.

Today i recieved a reply stating that they dont agree that the charges are unenforcable, refering me to clause 7.11 in section 2 about overdrafts etc and that the charges are clear in their terms and conditions. Then there telling me to contact the OMBUDSMAN.

Standard letter i suppose.

As i have already sent the LBA should i ignore this letter and wait the 14 days then start court action.

By the way it was signed by Colin Landale (senior service quality officer) based at leeds.

Steve

As i have already sent the LBA should i ignore this letter and wait the 14 days then start court action.

Yes.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 2 weeks later...

TIMES UP. Didnt recieve a letter in the post today which is their 14 day deadline so i shall start the court procedings today. I havnt looked at the court website yet but i hope its fairly simple. Just got to work out the 8% interest now that i can add.

Once ive applied to the court does it take long to process.

steve

HELP. Just filling out my court details online. Is there a correct wording to enter into the details of claim box. Ive looked on here but cant seem to find anything.

Court claim has now been applied for online.

I put their address as 8 canada square,london. Hope this is the correct address. I suppose now i just wait. Is there a time scale of 28 days before its automatic awarded to me unless they reply to the court.

good stuff, i reckon you're about 7 days from your money

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

Morning all. I got a letter from the court yesterday stating that hsbc are going to defend my claim. I guess this is normal and i'll be getting an offer from DG solicitors soon.

steve

Got a letter from DG asking for a breakdown of the amount im claiming. Do i just reply telling them to ask hsbc for a copy of the letters ive sent them?

i would send them a copy standard reply from what ive seen its normally an full payment after this not far now good luck

WHEN THE WORLD GETS IN MY FACE I SAY HAVE A NICE DAY :lol:

MY SUCCESSESS

HSBC £5,735.35 :D

MUM IN LAW £2112.00 WIN FROM HALIFAX :grin:

MUM £3580.00 WIN FROM NatWest :grin:

AUNTIE 2 NATWEST WINS £1865.00 AND £2541.00

EQUITA BAILIFFS £293.00 REFUND :grin:

MBNA £871.16 WON WITH CI AT 24.49%

WELCOME FINANCE CHARGES £600 APPROX didnt even need letter lol

CAP ONE WON WITH CI AT 29.9% £994.26

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

NatWest cc at mcol (ppi next)

welcome ppi

first response charges

IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY HIT THE SCALES IN BOTTOM LEFT CORNER THANK YOU ;)

i think it is but im certain ive read that its the last one they can do so they have to pay up not long after it but i also think the solicitors have to get their own copy from you not the bank so that they know what they pay you is right

WHEN THE WORLD GETS IN MY FACE I SAY HAVE A NICE DAY :lol:

MY SUCCESSESS

HSBC £5,735.35 :D

MUM IN LAW £2112.00 WIN FROM HALIFAX :grin:

MUM £3580.00 WIN FROM NatWest :grin:

AUNTIE 2 NATWEST WINS £1865.00 AND £2541.00

EQUITA BAILIFFS £293.00 REFUND :grin:

MBNA £871.16 WON WITH CI AT 24.49%

WELCOME FINANCE CHARGES £600 APPROX didnt even need letter lol

CAP ONE WON WITH CI AT 29.9% £994.26

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

NatWest cc at mcol (ppi next)

welcome ppi

first response charges

IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY HIT THE SCALES IN BOTTOM LEFT CORNER THANK YOU ;)