Warning re. Rossendales

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6098 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would like to make everyone aware of the underhand tactics and corrupt nature of the debt enforcers, Rossendales.

After falling behind with our council tax with Lancaster City council, they passed our debt onto Rossendales to enforce.

After a visit to our home address by one of their representatives, we were left an income/expenditure form to complete and return. We then offered to pay £50.00 per month to pay off this debt. We did not get a reply from Rossendales before the first payment was due so we went ahead and paid £50.00.

Shortly after, we received a letter stating that this amount was unacceptable and we need to pay £100.00 per month. I then rang Rossendales before the next payment was due 2 times on the same day to explain that we could not afford this and could they do anything for us. On the second call, they agreed that we could pay £50 for the current month and then after that we would have to pay £120.00 per month to catch up. This I accepted and subsequently paid £120 the following 2 months.

It was to my great shock then that 3 days ago, I came home to find a bailiffs note through my door saying that he had attended with a van to remove posessions from our house, and as nobody had been home he would be reattending.

I was horrified by this as we had stuck to the increased payments as agreed. So I rang rossendales and the bailiff only to be called a liar and to listen to them deny any knowledge of making this agreement, despite the fact they had been receiving the payments. They even said that I was lying about making the phonecall to them despite having proof from BT that I had called them twice that day.

As a result, I have been forced to pay the full amount early and bailiff costs on top when it is Rossendales themselves that are liars and cheats, and they have the nerve to call me that on the phone.

You cannot trust this company, and they will always assume that you are at fault. In their eyes, they cannot make a mistake and assume that all of the people they deal with are lying ****. I would suggest anyone unfortunate enough to have to deal with them, seeks legal advice of their own right from the start.

Rossendales are what you say they are - bullies, liars and cheats.

BUT - they are also acting as agents of your local councillor and they, as a body, are responsible for the action of their agents. Ask at the town hall for ythe name of the official responsible for debt collection - it will be under some grand sounding name like officer in charge of financial affairs or some similar twaddle. Then ask for the name of the elected councillor who is responsible for that department and paper-pusher. The council has to give you this information, don't be fobbed off.

Then go and see your local councillor and make a fuss. Ask them why they employ bullies, liars and cheats.

Also ask Rossendales, in writing, for details of their complaints procedure. If they ignore you or fob you off go to the local County Court - bailiffs employed by Rossendale are licensed by the court and ask how you go about making a complaint. Even if they win you will have flagged up their unacceptable behaviour with the court.

There is a lot of damage you can do to the "good name" of Rossendales by just making a complaint. The more damage the better.

Write a letter to your local paper, they might print it and others like yourself might come forward.

Dont let them get away with it. Stand up for yourself, its time for revolution !!!!

Disgusting behaviour, my brother had similar with a company in Wales called Swift, they sent heavies round to his house a few times and each time he had to pay for the privilege. He suffers from depression and you can imagine how this affected him, the last visit they made to him, he was so scared he phoned my mother and she lent him money to pay them something there and then, just to get them out of his house ! In hindsight, now i've found this site i couldve done something about it, too late now. These bullies pick on everbody, not just the old and infirm. Good luck with whatever you do Marky.

Please think before you write.

My eldest son is making a career in the air force - he is most certainly not a misfit.

Your acid pen can cause real offence which is completely inappropriate to a site like this.

Please withdraw your evil comments and apologise to all the servicemen and women who guarantee your security.