littlebea V SLC - assistance needed

littlebea
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6098 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya i have the old style student loans. I am also on a debt management plan with CCCS, and one of my debts is SLC as i factored them into the DMP.

generally i pay them £103 per month via CCCS.

however they keep ringing me up and sending me letters about deferral forms and i keep telling them i do not do deferral my whole acount is with CCCS and they manage the payments for me. now they keep sending me letters saying i have arrears od £1754 now and charging me £20 a time to tell me this.

where do i go from here to get the charges paid back to me? they are the only company on my DMP who keep doing this!

also i am reading about CCA agreements is that applicable to me at this stage?

thanks

thanks noomill

i have just rang them. i have 2 choices - defer (dont think i qualify and think they keep pushing this option cos the £103 i pay via DMP is less than the £159 id have to pay when they decide i dont qualify for deferral!, this is how the arrears have built up cos even though im on a DMP its less than i should be paying so they just keep adding the difference on every month. they said my arrangement is only ever for 6 months at a time with them and they need a new up to date statemetn from CCCS of my financial circumstances, so thats fine rang CCCS and asked them to send my annual review to them.

i also asked the guy from SLC can he send me my past 6 years statements as i am not happy with all the £20 charges for letters. he said SLC have not charged me for letters since i started the DMP (do i care?? ) he he so i will get the statements add up the charges and send them Letter 1.

i am equally ****ed as last week i went to court with barclays and a stay was applied until at least next jan and with that money i would have been in a postion to offer a full and final settlement to these twats.:evil:

thanks noomill

i have just rang them. i have 2 choices - defer (dont think i qualify and think they keep pushing this option cos the £103 i pay via DMP is less than the £159 id have to pay when they decide i dont qualify for deferral!, this is how the arrears have built up cos even though im on a DMP its less than i should be paying so they just keep adding the difference on every month. they said my arrangement is only ever for 6 months at a time with them and they need a new up to date statemetn from CCCS of my financial circumstances, so thats fine rang CCCS and asked them to send my annual review to them.

i also asked the guy from SLC can he send me my past 6 years statements as i am not happy with all the £20 charges for letters. he said SLC have not charged me for letters since i started the DMP (do i care?? ) he he so i will get the statements add up the charges and send them Letter 1.

i am equally ****ed as last week i went to court with barclays and a stay was applied until at least next jan and with that money i would have been in a postion to offer a full and final settlement to these twats.:evil:

send them a CCA request , that always shuts them up (its unlawful for them to contact you while the debt is in dispute) when you put the debt in dispute their happy to taken anything then can get out of you.

CAA them right now .... then post back when they default, they tend to send shoddy documents late and out of the statuary 12 +2

Read as much as you can about the caa issue in the debt forum

golden rule NEVER talk to the monkeys on the phone EVER they will just play with your head and always DEAL with your creditors via recorded post NEVER run...there’s no need to

Oh and I think you paying way to much…..

Remember student loans DO NOT show on your credit report

The interest rate is linked to inflation so in real terms your total owe able Never goes up.

Perhaps you should concentrate on paying off your other creditors if your in a DMP rather then these monkeys

SLC talk the talk, but in fact are pusys in relation to other DCA’s