Sky subscription - none owed.

DearohDear

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5157 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone.

Would someone like to steer me in the right direction please.

About 3 (or maybe even 4) years ago we gave up Sky for Telewest (now Virgin Media) as the price of Sky was getting rather high. We gave the statutory notice (in fact we gave longer than the required notice), and paid for the next month in advance as usual, this was in the May, and we then cancelled our direct debit after that payment was made. In the June we received a letter (or maybe a phone call, I can't remember) from Sky saying they could not collect the July payment. We phoned Sky and told them we had cancelled and gave them in excess of the required notice, but they insisted they had received no notice. A few emails were swopped between us until in the August I gave up on them. They continued to say they never received any notice and as the service had been left connected, we owed them £47.

We told them "we owed them nothing as it had been cancelled"

At some time later we received a demand from a DCA whome we told there was nothing owing and after a few phone calls over the next week or so they went away until another DCA demanding payment.

This went on through three or four collections agencies and they always went away after being told we owed nothing and why.

Now, must be 18 months later, we have received a demand from Red Debt Collection Services.

We ignored the first three letters from them and today received another saying they are disappointed we haven't contacted them to make an arrangement for paying, and will send someone around to "discuss an arrangement".

Should I contact them and tell them the same as I did the others that we owe nothing and why or should we just continue to ignore their letters.

Any thoughts or advice would be helpfull.

Thanks

Red debt are another DCA's name to trick you into thinking its gone elsewhere.

I cant think of whos name it is biut hopefully me saying this will jog another readers memory.

Its entirely possible that the same company has had the account all along sending under diffrent names to put you into panic mode.

As far as sky in concerned its not my strong point so ill leave someone more in the know to answer your question.

Ash.

If you think I have helped you, please add to my reputation by clicking the star button to the left.

Thankyou.

Red debt are another DCA's name to trick you into thinking its gone elsewhere.

I cant think of whos name it is biut hopefully me saying this will jog another readers memory.

Red Debt Collection Services are part of the Lowell group - Lowell Financial Ltd, Lowell Portfolio I Ltd, Hamptons Legal. These are the three I've dealt with/am dealing with at the mo, I haven't been passed to Red yet. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before I am!:rolleyes:

It is wrong and unjust for us to share knowledge or information to aid you in avoiding payments.

Yes.

Just pay them. You won't have any debts then.

Very Very Disappointed

Obviously these poosting were made without even reading what I asked and were retaliatory posting.

The truth hurts eh lads?

I've read this thread and the one mentioned above, and I'm horrified that you hold such views. You wouldn't if you'd had the experiences many of us have had with certain DCAs. :eek:

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

Obviously these poosting were made without even reading what I asked and were retaliatory posting.

The truth hurts eh lads?

Actually no it doesn't. You had replies from people trying to help you, but that wasn't enough. So you therefore launch an attack on a group of people who are going out of their way to find legal means to challenge deeply suspect 'Agencies' abusing the law for their financial gain.

Go, pay your debt. Climb back on your mountain of moral rightness and bask in the sun of being debt-free.

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

Actually no it doesn't. You had replies from people trying to help you, but that wasn't enough. So you therefore launch an attack on a group of people who are going out of their way to find legal means to challenge deeply suspect 'Agencies' abusing the law for their financial gain.

Go, pay your debt. Climb back on your mountain of moral rightness and bask in the sun of being debt-free.

This is not always the case and a great many are looking for 'legal means to avoid repayment', loopholes.

Can you PROVE that you cancelled it?

Did you send it recorded delivery and it was signed for?

Did you send an email that is dated and still on your comp?

YOU PROVE IT! why should they believe you?

why should we Believe you? Just because you say it?:rolleyes:

The truth hurts eh lads?

Not at all. I'm telling you to face your responsibility and pay them.

The Lowell Group, of which Red are a part do not mistakes, as all of us here know.

Stop whimpering like a coward and pay up, or they'll get a charge on your house.

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)