Lowell's complaints procedure

DBG

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5154 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Received a copy of Lowell Finance's complaints procedure at the weekend and thought I'd share my experience with you.

I CCA'd them in March. They continued to send the computer generated threatening letters fortnightly, which I responded to but they failed to comply with CCA. Finally wrote a letter of complaint on 4 May advising that I was writing to TS. Received an acknowledgement of receipt of my complaint from Lowell this weekend stating that:

a written acknowledgement of a complaint will be sent to the complainant within 10 business days of its receipt (they received it 7 May) - assuming business day is the same as working day they should have sent it on 18 May.

the acknowledgement will give the name or job title of the individual handling the complaint - it does contain an illegible signature.

within 4 weeks of receivng a complaint (I make that 4 June) they will send either a final response or a response explaining their position and reason for delay - I'm still waiting.

or at the end of 8 weeks (2 July) a final response or a response which explains that they are still not in a position to make a final response, gives reasons for the further delay and informs the complainant that they may refer the complain to FOS.

and all I got after the 8 weeks was up was a copy of the complaint procedure, I feel hard done by.

Abbey

6/10/06 - £1260 received in bank charges :-D

Lowell

7/2007 alleged debt 1

1/2008 closed file:)

1st Credit

4/2007 alleged debt

7/2007 complaint sent to TS & OFT

1/2008 Mackenzie Hall threatening legal action

2/2008 closed file:)

Lowell

7/2007 alleged debt 2

7/2007 CCA'd

11/2007 complaint sent to TS & OFT :?

Lowell's continue to harass :(

Lowell

6/2008 alleged debt 3

6/2008 CCA'd

You can now complain to the FOS. If the FOS investigate your complaint they will charge Lowells for the pleasure.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.