Got my statments 4 free?!?!

Silver
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5215 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I got my copies of my statement today with the cheque return to me. . Not an excat duplicate of the original statement.

But still very detail. Goin all the way back to 98 when I 1st open with them.

Well needless to say. Goin to busy night reading the statements!

Go through them highlighting the charges [do not use yellow cos this doesnt photocopy].

have a break and a coffee and go through them again......and again.

you will prob miss a few cos they blend in together after about an hour.

ALSO,

Please keep to using this thread from now on...do not start a new thread with every new chapter in your claim...it makes it easier for us to follow your progress and advise accordingly...

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Silver,

Have you sent B's the preliminary letter then your LBA yet.

Slick

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

OK, That's a different subject.

You need to enter all the bank charges onto this spreadsheet - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html - be sure to fill in the detail re each charge properly.

Print out 2 copies but HIDE/DON'T print the interest column at this stage.

Send it to your branch with this letter - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/671-2-letter-preliminary-approach.html

After 14 days, send your LBA - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/92-3-letter-before-action.html

That should keep you going just now but come back with any queries.

In any spare time, read threads to genup on what's going on genarally.

Slick

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a reply back from them saying about OFT legal proceedings. And yet they still havn't bother to read the letter properly.

Iam getting ****ed off.

Written to them why Iam being charged interest on Interest Free Student Account. When I 1st open, back in 2002. Yet they still havn't explained it to me why the are charging me.

Ask for the statements,

Sent them a letter to them asking why Iam being charged

Sent the Preliminary Letter

Sent the LBA.

What the next step?

Hi Silver,

I know you're sipped off about them charging you when you're a student. Is it possible that, as a student, you get certain freebies or concessions but, if you go outside their agreed terms, they charge you as they would anyone else re. card abuse, paid referral, interest, etc.

As I said before, that's another matter. If you want to reclaim these charges, you HAVE TO follow the timetable which from reading posts #7 and 8 you may not have done.

Also, I see (in post #6) you want to reclaim the interest they've charged you. This is a different matter and, if you try and reclaim this with your charges, your claim will fail.

Enter all the bank charges (NOT interest) on the spreadsheet.

Send to bank asking for repay't of charges.

After 14 days, send LBA.

After 14 days, update your Schedule of Charges (SOC) and print out 3 copies including the 8% interest column. Use these figures to fill in claim Form N1.

If you have already done any of the above in correct order and waited the correct time, now take the next step.

I would take up the issue of interest paid on an int't free student a/c as a seperate matter with cust'r svs.

Slick

Well the only thing I got was free PEN lol.

Well I know the bank and I we agreed on 1250OD interested free. Not once I did go over that limit, and yet Iam stil being charged interested.

Thanks for the advice. Will update and see how get along with them!

How long did the pen work?!?

Unless someone smarter than me says otherwise, I think you should focus on reclaiming your bank CHARGES, using the letters, then Court as above.

Clearly, if you stayed within your agreed terms, they should NOT have charged you (interest or other) beyond what was agreed when you opened the a/c.

I don't think you could include the interest with your court claim using the same legal arguments, so your case might fail.

By all means try and get satisfaction re the int't charged by writing to the bank or maybe even asking for help in your branch

But don't spoil your Bank Charge claim.

Good luck, Slick

• 2 years later...

Up date I am sure everyone got the standard template letter from barclays. Apart from they written my brother name on the letter (can't eve get my name right)

Now what? Just keep watching the site news on updates?

Yes, watch out for Site announcements.

:)