Cardiff CC 14th August, WHO IS GOING?

freakyleaky

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5153 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you are going to Cardiff in person tomorrow post here so others can see who is turning up!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Welcome to the Consumer Forums

Free advice and support to to solve your consumer problems.

You will soon discover what a friendly place this is and get lots of hints about standing up to consumer bullies or dealing with other consumer rights.

Which guide to the Sale Of Goods Act

New advice guide explains credit card rights

Help the CAG!!

Make a donation

ARE YOU A VICTIM OF COWBOY BUILDERS?

Has your RBS account been transferred to Santander?

Forum rules. Please read these before posting

PLEASE CHECK OUT THE CAG LIBRARY!! IT HAS LOADS OF USEFUL STUFF IN THERE. CLICK HERE

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all, as much I would like to go and form a protest/sit in etc., I really dont think that would help our case. From what I have been told, there will be no hearing, there will not even be a judge, that our 'stay' objections will all be read by the judge in due time and a decision made by him as to whether the objection to the stay is lifted in each case. I am sure the judge is duty bound to reply to our objections?

Not going - looking after friends children and my own, but any news from anyone who goes will be much appreciated. I had two hearings for tomorrow, one with Barclays - stayed, and one with Citi Cards - also stayed. The second should not be stayed due to being a credit card account, need to phone the court this morning to find out what is happening here.

Anyway, goodluck to all those planning to attend and don't forget to report back all the action.

I am in it if the numbers make it a worthwhile demonstration as it were, it would be a good point to have the media involved then, but there doesn't seem to be enough so far.

perhaps a phone call to the Echo/western mail would be an idea, after all they are only across the road from the court....???? get an article written etc.,

yes I will ring them if we get enough names on the site, it is not worth it otherwise

I wonder if they would be interested anyway, without going there, if we tod the story especially in respect of why is Cardiff the Cap of Wales being treated like second class citizens, everything Ive read so far no other report has had such a massive number of people at one hearing sitting. Let me know if you want me to ring them.

HELJA Vs Barclays

Like you cannot attend now as cancelled my days leave after I got the letter from the court and smarmy latter from Barclays.

Western Mail and national press I think are always interested. I got an article (and piccy) in the Daily Express page 4 only a few weeks ago

Im a little behind on all this Cardiff action and need to read the threads to catch up and decide on my next steps of action.

Good Luck

(Just re-joined you, had a sudden bereavment in my family.

I saw Judge Hendicott on 9th August who accepted my amendment to my claim (N1 & N244). He was very pleasant towards me, seemed rather irritated that Barclays hadn't turned up. Told me that the case was vacated for 14th. I told him that some courts were still awarding claimants.He seemed surprised and asked where I got my info. I told him the CAG. Asked him if I needed to submit anymore paperwork at this stage. He said no, but added that my documents were very well presented (me - its due to all your help - thanks ) and that Barclays had to reply to my claim within 14 days and a said "They still may settle"

I saw Judge Hendicott on 9th August who accepted my amendment to my claim (N1 & N244). He was very pleasant towards me, seemed rather irritated that Barclays hadn't turned up. Told me that the case was vacated for 14th. I told him that some courts were still awarding claimants.He seemed surprised and asked where I got my info. I told him the CAG. Asked him if I needed to submit anymore paperwork at this stage. He said no, but added that my documents were very well presented (me - its due to all your help - thanks ) and that Barclays had to reply to my claim within 14 days and a said "They still may settle"

which court was this Cardiff?

IM GOING

KELLEY

so far kelley its only freaky,dee you and ? me I want to go if loads are going to make an impact, not just to walk in hand in something and walk away, we need the media there otherwise I will phone the western mail and ask if they want this article as we seem to be the only ones with this magnitude of claimants blanketed!!! I am seething mad by now I do have other things to do but I nnot rest til this is sorted, trying to sort out addresses for my MP and the Welsh Assembly and the OFT and uncle tom cobly and all......

yes I will ring them if we get enough names on the site, it is not worth it otherwise

I wonder if they would be interested anyway, without going there, if we tod the story especially in respect of why is Cardiff the Cap of Wales being treated like second class citizens, everything Ive read so far no other report has had such a massive number of people at one hearing sitting. Let me know if you want me to ring them.

Yes for sure, ring them and get the ball rolling, dont think it matters how many turn up or not, as you can stress that we were told not to attend as the hearing was vacated etc., let me know how you get on - good luck !!:)

SURE IF ITS ONLY USS FEW GOING TO BE THERE, RING THE PRESS, AND IF WE CAN ARRANGE TO MEET EACHOTHER THERE WE CAN DISCUSS ARE PLAN OF ATTACK SO TO SPEAK,

PS SORRY FOR CAPS IM WORKING AT THE MO LOL

KELLEY

Hi there, been wondering how you got on, glad to hear that you got a result, that Judge sounded fair.. perhaps there will be hope now for us with the stay appeal, perhaps he will have a word with Judge Hickenbottom for us!!! So sorry to hear of the sad news in your family, thinking of you xx Jenny;)

Had a long conversation with western mail and he says he will speak to his editor and ring me back but it might not be until tomorrow!

:) :) well done Olden!!! if you need any help let me know but Im confident you will be prepared and the facts are all embeded in your head!:cool:

hiya Olden I did the same I sent a letter this afternoon to the Argus, if anything hopefully we can get some publicity and shame the banks a little more,

Its supprising how many people still dont have a clue that the banks are being taken to court

hiya Olden I did the same I sent a letter this afternoon to the Argus, if anything hopefully we can get some publicity and shame the banks a little more,

Its supprising how many people still dont have a clue that the banks are being taken to court

Do you know its funny you should say that, but this reporter I spoke to didn't know much about it ,other than he knew the connection when I mentioned Martin Lewis ,and the CAG vaguely

hey your'e a clever little devil what did you put in the letter, it takes me ages to come up with my own version I depend on these templates!!!

Hi, basically i just put down that i was due to have my case heard and that due to the pending oft case judges around the country had been asked to individually decide on wether to hear the case or have them stayed for the duration,

but having 500+ cases stayed was pretty obvious that the cases had all been looked at, even if only 5 out of the 500+ was to be heard.....

I told them I was expecting a fair amount of people to show up tomorrow with the letters to set aside the stay and letters why this should be, and that if our cases are not heard we will be waiting a very long time, and that this is against human rights,

I probably bored the guy lol

Quite looking forward to tommorrow now, Im just finishing printin my bundle off, as that was saved to file, even though hicky isnt going to be there, im hoping a fairy will shopw up from some where for us all

Kelley

Hi everyone I will be there tomorrow.... hopefully a few more also. I intend handing in request for removal of stay in person....to the court manager if possible as I have quite a few questions to ask too - You can bet the WM Echo will send someone along if they look out of their window and see a lots of people around.