• Tweets

• I get the distinct impression they would not vote to bring down a government thats promising Brexit deal or no deal until after Oct and a hard Brexit.   I don't doubt that would suit Corbyn too.
    • No no mention of overtime. So let me get this correct, you basically have no rights in your first two years of working somewhere. 
    • Yup they would not oppose a no deal, but ... Almost impossible to imagine they wouldn't vote to bring down a Tory Government.  
    • I will send a copy of the lodgers agreement, a table that lists all the monies owed and paid for, copies of the bills that were outstanding the other lodgers paid for. I’m also relying on the fact that pre-court proceedings were not followed, that I had a different address which I will prove from a letter I received from the Department of Work and Pensions and that the name the claim is against only approximates to mine. The claim was therefore incorrectly addressed to an unknown name.  The claimant also has failed to provide a breakdown of how these figures have been reached. It’s ludicrous to state that I owe him over £2300 when the monthly rent was £700 and he stayed for 6 months and had a £1000 deposit. Even if you disregard the outstanding bills / damages due he is claiming he overpaid by 50% I.e. effectively his rent, after refunding him his deposit, was £150 per month. This doesn’t fit with current London rental rates. I hope this will demonstrate the absurdity of this claim. 
    • I think HB hit the nail on the head with the Johnson/Farage match   The Tories under anyone are extremely unlikely to win any general election. [sounds like} Hunt has said that theres no way he would call one.   Johnson Campaigning with Farage .....   Both are 'pals' of Trump Johnson IS linked with Bannon and Farage ...     There would appear to be in the order of 25 labour MP's who would vote for a no deal exit, and have indicated they would vote to prevent the overthrow of of a Tory hard Brexiter.   I think there are far more than that Tories who WOULD vote to prevent a no deal Brexit, but there are at least 70 Tories who would vote for a no deal Brexit.- possibly more.       .. and of course Corbyn has now started the process to deselect any Labour Mp's who aren't Corbynites ready for the general election.  
  • Our picks

GlasweJen

Useful contacts **Correct as at Feb 2014**

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2725 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I'm starting a thread of useful contacts to have when having a dispute at work, please add any organisations/webpages which offer impartial advice on employment law.

Acas (Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service)

Acas - Home

08457 474 747

Citizens Advice Bureau (England and Wales)

Citizens Advice corporate website - Home

Citizens Advice Scotland

The website of the Citizens Advice Bureau Service in Scotland

Any posts submitted here on the Consumer Action Group under the user name GlasweJen may not necessarily be the view of the poster, CAG or indeed any normal person.

I've become addicted to green blobs (I have 2 now) so feel free to tip my scales if I ever make sense.;-)

The Disability Rights Commission

Home - The DRC

(links to Welsh and Scottish advice are at the bottom of the home page)

DirectGov

Employees : Directgov - Employment

general information on employment

Edited by stu007
Removing National Min Wage Help info as no longer valid

Any posts submitted here on the Consumer Action Group under the user name GlasweJen may not necessarily be the view of the poster, CAG or indeed any normal person.

I've become addicted to green blobs (I have 2 now) so feel free to tip my scales if I ever make sense.;-)

Try the Employment Tribunals own website too.

Under 'Procedures' there is a list of the jurisdiction they can rule on which is a good pointer to see if you feel you have a claim. Very handy.

Also, I always refer people to their home insurance policies as employment disputes are usually covered too. Could also be included with car insurance policies, the AA membership etc.

All too often overlooked, or not even realised, and it may have been paid for already which makes professional help free in a way.

And, usually, you can phone straight away and get some answers from a lawyer.

Hi Jen,

my Trade Unions website is packed with useful info; Home

Regards,

Paul

Not sure if its been mentioned before, but a really good book about preparation for an Employment Tribunal is

"Employment Tribunal Claims: Tactics and Precedents" by Naomi Cunningham and Michael Reed.

If you look it up on the internet Chapter1 can be read free, plus there is a very helpful on-going blog.

Excellent website from the TUC

home - from workSMART.org.uk

:)

...................................................................... [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Please post on a thread before sending a PM. My opinion's are not expressed as agent or representative of The Consumer Action Group. Always seek professional advice from a qualified legal adviser before acting. If I have helped you please feel free to click on the black star.[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS] I am sorry that work means I don't get into the Employment Forum as often as I would like these days, but nonetheless I'll try to pop in when I can.[/FONT] [FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Red]'Venceremos' :wink:[/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT]

New ACAS booklet on workplace respresentation

http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=760

Che

Edited by stu007
Removing invalid link

...................................................................... [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Please post on a thread before sending a PM. My opinion's are not expressed as agent or representative of The Consumer Action Group. Always seek professional advice from a qualified legal adviser before acting. If I have helped you please feel free to click on the black star.[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS] I am sorry that work means I don't get into the Employment Forum as often as I would like these days, but nonetheless I'll try to pop in when I can.[/FONT] [FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Red]'Venceremos' :wink:[/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT]

Please also find Unite The Union, they have experts in Equality and were part of the main framework in getting it passed through parliment and onto the statute books.

Edited by citizenB

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2725 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you