Lemma v SRJ/Amex

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6091 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have decided to split off each DCA/institution into separate threads cos I think it will be clearer.

This one will update our ongoing situation with SRJ/Amex.

Now some of you will know that we CCA'd SRJ who were collecting on behalf of Amex on the 9th July. They received it on the 10th July.

My hubby had various discussions with them on the phone in the interim (when paying them) and they said they would take a reduced sum in F & F but that sum increased depending upon whom you spoke to.

At the beginning of this month - even though they were in default of the CCA request my Hubby rang them to make a payment/offer a reduced F&F sum as they had not come up with the CCA.

They would not budge and said they could not send us something they had not got. My hubby responded by saying he would not be making a payment then and he would await the CCA.

Well, on the 2nd August SRJ wrote to my hubby, returning the £1 PO saying:

"We thank you for your patience while we contacted our client.

Unfortunately, we have been unable to locate a copy of the original agreement therefore, we confirm that we are no longer instructed in connection with this matter and have closed our file and returned the account to our client":D

Now we are pretty chuffed about that but from experience should we expect Amex to sell it on to someone else now? Or do we put this down as a success?

The other thing is we S.A.R'd them and we received the results of that yesterday but we have not had a chance to go through it yet. I will update once I have waded through all of that.

Oh, and just another thing - we recieved a F&F letter from SRJ dated the 7th August 2007 saying that would accept a F&F of the same high amount as before but only if it is paid by......25th July 2007!!!!!:rolleyes:

How stupid is that???!!!!!!!! Where should I file it? And should i disregard it even though it post dates their other letter?:p