Ipod no refund.replacement 1 1/2 months our of warranty

Cmdenny

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5152 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My trusty Apple iPod (bought from Apple Store) decided to break after 13 1/2 months. Took to Apple Store in Brent Cross told can't be repaired.

Say to manager "so you are saying that its not expected to last beyond 12 months"?! It Cost £169!

Has anyone got any advice - Can I argue under Sales of Goods Act. I am writting a letter today. Any advice is really appreciated and rest Assured I WILL GO ALL THE WAY to the small claims court!

:o

HSBC, FS £100

Hfax Credit Card Full Settlement £330

Lloyds FS £503 (had to do moneyclaim + allocation questionaires

Halifax Full Settlement £979

Lloyds Credit Card Moneyclaim raised.

03/05/06 Fraud case with Egg resolved after 2 1/2 months!, full refund of fraud amount+interest+charges (£1060). Apology and cheque for £300 - BBC Working Lunch helped scare them into action.

The length of the warranty is irrelevant. Goods have to be fit for purpose etc, and that includes lasting a reasonable length of time. I wouldn't have thought 13 1/2 months was reasonable.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

:pThanks. I sent Apple recorded delivery letter today - notifying them of legal action in 14days unless fully resolved. Can any kind forum member supply the text that I will need to put into the case box on the small claims court paper (tend to have used moneyclaim online for bank claims)

HSBC, FS £100

03/05/06 Fraud case with Egg resolved after 2 1/2 months!, full refund of fraud amount+interest+charges (£1060). Apology and cheque for £300 - BBC Working Lunch helped scare them into action.

There is quite a bit on various Apple forums about Apple's attitude to out of warranty failures, or at least the attitude of some of their staff. There seems to be a culture of trying to avoid replacing goods; Apple's kit is usually very high quality, and it's hard to understand why they would allow their reputation to be damaged in this way.

Before going down the small claims route, you may well find a call to Trading Standards useful. They will outline the legal position, may phone the Apple Store for you, and if not will provide you with the info you need to reject the faulty item.

If they do not respond positively to your letter, I would write back to them pointing out that the fact that they sell a one year warranty extension for iPods is prima facie evidence they expect the product to last for at least 24 months from purchase - otherwise they would not offer such extended warranties in the first place!

You could then use this as basis of your claim under the Sale of Goods Act for repair or replacement, or resission of contact, due to faults.

I had this exact argument with Amazon in April. They replaced and refunded the iPod in the end!

DJ

Here to help!

Good with employment, disability and welfare/benefit questions :rolleyes:

Just ask!

:pThanks ever so much - never thought about this.

Have you any letter template? Or should they not respond to my deadline a template for the Small Claims Court?

Cheers, Chris

HSBC, FS £100

Have you written to them already? If so, can you PM me a copy of your letter (with your address and personal details removed). I'll then help you with any further letter you may need to send.

David

Here to help!

Good with employment, disability and welfare/benefit questions :rolleyes:

Just ask!

They just called me up and are doing a replacement. They asked me to come to the store to collect- I refused and if they post it to me I will leave it at that, otherwise I will go to war!

HSBC, FS £100

Hi everyone - it turns out the replacement that I am being offered is a "service model made up from component parts from other ipods" - and also they wont post to me. On public transport I am around 2+ hours round trip from apple stores in Brent cross or Regents Street and don't fancy braving Saturday crowds at either.

Can anyone please supply a text to put in the claims box on moneyclaim for the online raising of a small claims case.

Thanks.

:mad::p

HSBC, FS £100