Parket Permit not visible - £120!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6097 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After not using my car for a couple of weeks. I noticed yesterday two tickets have been attached to the car.

Probably due to the heat the tape of the upperside of the ticket and the front glass peeled of. As a result when standing in front of the car you could see the permit difficult. However if you make an effort and look through the front window you could easily see the permit. I do know that those guys don't make any effort and use it as their lucky day. This happened two times this week. I did mak a picture of the permit, which shows that you easily can see the permit.

Anyway, what should I do? Are there any chances for me to get these tickets revoked? Should I make an appeal or will I have no chance at all.

Just don't understand what the deal here is. The system should be easily showing that I have a valid permit, right? So will they revoke the tickets upon checking this in the system. Or are they not bothered about this?

Cheers for all your advice!

btw. it is an council ticket from Tower Hamlets London

Jan

My guess - they're not that bothered, but if you take photos of it, and argue your point, you might find they admit you're right

BoS:- D P A sent 09/06 Prelim. request 29/06 £1755 plus interest

1st claim Filed 5/10/06 SETTLED 19/10 £747.80 plus £534.31 interest

After not using my car for a couple of weeks. I noticed yesterday two tickets have been attached to the car.

Probably due to the heat the tape of the upperside of the ticket and the front glass peeled of. As a result when standing in front of the car you could see the permit difficult. However if you make an effort and look through the front window you could easily see the permit. I do know that those guys don't make any effort and use it as their lucky day. This happened two times this week. I did mak a picture of the permit, which shows that you easily can see the permit.

Anyway, what should I do? Are there any chances for me to get these tickets revoked? Should I make an appeal or will I have no chance at all.

Just don't understand what the deal here is. The system should be easily showing that I have a valid permit, right? So will they revoke the tickets upon checking this in the system. Or are they not bothered about this?

Cheers for all your advice!

btw. it is an council ticket from Tower Hamlets London

Jan

I would take photos of the permit making sure you show the tickets issued on the same photos then appeal.

Most Councils reject appeals and you need to continue to the adjudicator before they collapse.

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

Even if you don't get the ticket overturned most councils will reduce the amount to the lower differential rate upon production of the permit within 14 days. PAs do not have access to the council database of permit holders so will automatically issue and let the process dept sort it out afterwards with the permit holder.

My local council usually cancels the PCN if the VRM has a permit linked to it but not if the permit is linked to an address because it could be being used in another vehicle if not displayed.

I would appeal include the photos and explain the permit was visible when you parked and the reason it peeled off was due to the weather.