Tesco RBS Credit card agreement - Application?

stroke a badger

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4937 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After inspecting the credit agreement sent by RBS which relates to my Tesco Visa Credit, I'm now confident that this is not a correctly executed document. Upon further inspection it would seem RBS have in fact sent me a copy of the application form!

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

I have come to the conclusion that is a Application form as it states on the top right hand corner of page 1 "Thank you for using our website to submit your application, your Tesco Personal Finance Credit card is only a signature away"

There are also other referencies on page 1 to this being a Aplication form.

I'm not sure how I want to proceed. There is the issue of ethics, however If there is the possibility that I could save myself over £100 per month allowing me to focus on other more Important financial issues then thats what I'll have to do.

My two options as I see it are to either send a formal complaint to FOS for non compliance and hope the remaining balance is written off, or disassociate myself with the alleged debt and run the risk of getting a default against my name.

If I chose to do dispute the debt on the grounds of there not being a correctly executed Credit Agreement, would I be covered under Section 13.6 of the Banking code?

• 7 months later...
After inspecting the credit agreement sent by RBS which relates to my Tesco Visa Credit, I'm now confident that this is not a correctly executed document. Upon further inspection it would seem RBS have in fact sent me a copy of the application form!

I have come to the conclusion that is a Application form as it states on the top right hand corner of page 1 "Thank you for using our website to submit your application, your Tesco Personal Finance Credit card is only a signature away"

There are also other referencies on page 1 to this being a Aplication form.

I'm not sure how I want to proceed. There is the issue of ethics, however If there is the possibility that I could save myself over £100 per month allowing me to focus on other more Important financial issues then thats what I'll have to do.

My two options as I see it are to either send a formal complaint to FOS for non compliance and hope the remaining balance is written off, or disassociate myself with the alleged debt and run the risk of getting a default against my name.

If I chose to do dispute the debt on the grounds of there not being a correctly executed Credit Agreement, would I be covered under Section 13.6 of the Banking code?

Hi,

I think you are in a grey area....I am a huge advocate for checking the enforceability of agreements - god knows I have won and going aftyer many others, but I would say the internet applications is a very grey area (if such a thing is even possible...) Maybe you can PM Curlyben or one of those guys to see if they can have a butchers and get their views on this one...

Good luck anyway,

Penfold

Penfold

(feel free to click the scales on the left if I said something that helps)

Due to recent issues I have had....

All posts written by me and involving my opinions and written without any legal knowledge are....

Without Prejudice

That is REALLY REALLY freaky as I was just looking at the agreement when I saw your reply!!

Good omen?

Just a little in the way of an update.

I have made a formal complaint to the FOS, but going by previous experience it is going to take a while for them to make contact with RBS. I have also received a default notice in this mornings post so I need to carefully consider my options before i allow this to go full term as i would rather not have a red mark against my credit file. I do have a couple of defaults, one is from HSBC which is linked to a stayed claim for bank charges and another which drops off in June.

The other consideration is that, if you have a default, you almost certainly have unlawful charges too - you can claim those back.

I should also say, that, as a site, we cannot condone the avoidance of legitimate debts. However, challenging credit agreements does have legitimate purposes:

1. sorting out companies who are chasing the wrong people - ie people who actually owe them nothing because they have the wrong person

2. as a lever to stop creditors and DCAs from harassing debtors

3. as a lever to stop creditors and DCAs from collection activities contrary to the OFT guidelines.

4. as a lever to get creditors to accept a reasonable settlement offer.

From what I surmise form your thread, you might be able use this for 4), perhaps as part of a charges claim.

To try and use their failure to comply with the CCA 1974 as a means of avoiding a legitimate debt and one that you have derived benefit from (by buying things) would be unjust enrichment on your part.

• Haha 1

Steven

Using CAG Toolbar will generate much needed income - Download Here

Confused by Simple Interest? Confounded by Compound Interest? Read my Interest Tutorial

My Wins

GE Money Won unconditionally May 2007

NatWest Won unconditionally August 2007

Brighthouse Won unconditionally August 2007

Goldfish Won unconditionally April 2008 (including CI on the basis of Sempra)

Clydesdale Financial Services (now BPF) Won unconditionally February 2008

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Do not take any legal action on my advice alone. Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Please note, I will not give advice by PM. Please send a link to your thread and I will do my best to answer there.