no sign for months, new sign, ticket next day!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5105 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi this is my first post so I will begin by saying HELLO!

I have been parking on a street now for months whilst at work.

I have been told that there once was a " 1 hour only no return within one hour" sign. but was removed by workman doing road works.

I parked there as usual all day wednesday, I had thursday off and on friday I returned to a ticket!

Lo and behold a sign had appeared.

I am not sure weather it was put up on thursday or friday (the day of the ticket) but is in enforcable after being missing for a very long time?

Also the new sign is over 8 feet high so not very easy to spot.

Thanks in advance.

No, the parking was unenforceable whilst it was missing.

Is it the same - ie 1 Hour no return etc.

I would suggest getting hold of the TRO that applies the parking restriction to be sure that the sign is the right one.

Yes it is the same time ect, I was thinking more of the time that it has been missing (months)

ie say people moved to the area 2 months before and parked there they would not be aware that there has ever been a sign there.

So to then put up a sign and ticket the next day seems unresonable.

What about the fact the sign is now 8 feet high?

thanks

Yes it is the same time ect, I was thinking more of the time that it has been missing (months)

ie say people moved to the area 2 months before and parked there they would not be aware that there has ever been a sign there.

So to then put up a sign and ticket the next day seems unresonable.

It is no more unreasonable than the first day of the original enforcement. A sign goes up; enforcement starts.

What is smarting for you is that you have 'got away with it' for months and now you can't

What about the fact the sign is now 8 feet high?

As longer as it is reasonably visible, it's OK.

What you need to do now is scan, remove personal details and post the PCN )both sides) - and it would be helpful if you could post photographs of the signs and road markings for perusal. If there is something wrong with these, then the PCN can't be enforced