Jump to content


Abbey Playing Dirty Now (please respond)


cgandps
 Share

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5154 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

 

Please click the "Report " link

 

at the bottom of one of the posts.

 

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

 

Thanks

Recommended Posts

Well my preliminary hearing is scheduled for 4th Sept. I received a letter today from Abbey saying they are applying for a stay. Their letter strongly emphasises that the court is likely to let them have this pending the test case. A couple of month ago Abbey gave me part of the money. I immediately phoned MCOL (who were handling my claim at the time), they said no problem, we will log this. I asked them if I need to contact Abbey, and they said no, and just to continue. Abbey are now saying in this letter that I need to contact them to confirm that I accept this as full and final, or my case is likely to be thrown out.

 

I made it clear to the court in my Schedule of Charges that Abbey have part paid, and to deduct it from the balance. I think again this is Abbey playing dirty, and I'll continue just to deal directly through the court.

 

My partner just said to me if they didn't feel threatened, or I didn't stand a chance, they wouldn't have bothered saying all of this to me.

 

They also said that after the test case, they will follow those guidelines, and not my claim.

 

What do you guys think? Do you think the court might let them have the stay?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had the same letter yesterday - I think it depends on the court. I have writen to the CC asking that if they are considering a stay to list it so that I can oppose in person... I wrote to Abbey and told them the same thing and suggested they settle now... who knows what will happen?!

Link to post
Share on other sites

did you write to them at the time and accept as partial settlement and that you would persue them for the rest? I presume that this is a GOGW?

 

If you didnt write to them, do so, also, it is most probable that your case will be stayed pending the test case.

Lula

 

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...