The Loaf vs HSBC

The Loaf
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6103 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I've gone through the sticky and read through a few threads re the initial SAR but I'm hoping you may be able to help clarify a couple of things before I send the letter off.

Due to ill health last year I resigned from my job and had some time off, during this time I ran into arrears as I was unable to claim PPI having resigned. I started picking up the pieces of my life around new year started earning again, I just about kept up with payments to my creditors but never was able to pull back the arrears.

My last job, self employed, finished very abruptly and about 6 weeks before expected. I was intending using this time to save money to cover a few months payments should I struggle to find work.

Due to only making a partial payment last month, the previous arrears and being unable to make a payment this month my loan with HSBC has gone into default.

Can I delay any DCA action as well as claim back my PPI?

The loan I have now is a culmination of 2 previous loans with HSBC. Both of which I was TOLD I had to have PPI.

As my current outstanding loan balance is a culmination of 2 lots of PPI and it's interest would I be able to place my present loan in dispute?

Would I be able to claim back my PPI and reduce the amount currently outstanding?

I am currently out of work so I'm really inbetween a rock and a hard place. I have to be very careful in which working environment I am in as it has been very detrimental to my mental health previously. I've done all sorts of horrible jobs to pay the bills before but I'm really in no position to be doing it now:(

Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated.

Good luck to all and your individual causes.

Hi all,

I've gone through the sticky and read through a few threads re the initial S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) but I'm hoping you may be able to help clarify a couple of things before I send the letter off.

Due to ill health last year I resigned from my job and had some time off, during this time I ran into arrears as I was unable to claim PPI having resigned. I started picking up the pieces of my life around new year started earning again, I just about kept up with payments to my creditors but never was able to pull back the arrears.

My last job, self employed, finished very abruptly and about 6 weeks before expected. I was intending using this time to save money to cover a few months payments should I struggle to find work.

Due to only making a partial payment last month, the previous arrears and being unable to make a payment this month my loan with HSBC has gone into default.

Can I delay any DCA action as well as claim back my PPI?

The loan I have now is a culmination of 2 previous loans with HSBC. Both of which I was TOLD I had to have PPI.

As my current outstanding loan balance is a culmination of 2 lots of PPI and it's interest would I be able to place my present loan in dispute?

Would I be able to claim back my PPI and reduce the amount currently outstanding?

I am currently out of work so I'm really inbetween a rock and a hard place. I have to be very careful in which working environment I am in as it has been very detrimental to my mental health previously. I've done all sorts of horrible jobs to pay the bills before but I'm really in no position to be doing it now:(

Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated.

Good luck to all and your individual causes.

Hello the Loaf,

I am so sorry to hear of you previous problems. and do hope thing will improve for you soon:D

HSBC MMMmmmm, they do play hardball and will argue with you.

You need to pace yourself and do things in a correct format.

Have you done a full SAR, if not do so, Do not use the templates in the bank section, they are not specific and we need to be specific in what we ask for or they won't supply it.

Do you have the original credit agreements, If no sent a CCA request for both loans. It will cost £1 per loan.

We then have to wait for them to comply or not. This is a wonderful site with lots a very informative and helpful people at hand. If you don't know ask.

I sent this SAR template,

Your address

Their Address

Date

DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998

SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST

Dear Sir/Madam

Namexxxxxxxx

Account No xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I understand that you currently hold details of my personal and financial information within your internal record systems with regard to personal loan accounts

Please supply me with a complete list of transaction and charges relating to my history with your organization, INCLUDING Loans, payment protection insurance and other products. Alternatively a complete set of statements for the accounts or associated accounts is acceptable. I would be grateful if you would provide the following for ALL accounts or associated accounts I have held with your organization:

-Full copies of all contracts which you believe exist or have existed between myself and your organization, including true copies of any documents you hold in support of the same.

- A complete list of all transactions or statements relating to ALL of my Loan Accounts with your organization.

-Copies of all documents which include any of my personal information including copies of any contacts or invoices, emails or computer records containing my personal information, or any records which pertain to this information.

-Full copies or transcripts of any correspondence in postal, email or any other format which you have entered into with any individual, organization or third party which contains my personal or financial, or which pertains to me.

- Where any previous information or records held have been deleted or disposed of, the methods used to do so, including dates, certificates or references confirming details of destruction. Where you are unable to provide such certificates, please provide a declaration, signed by an authorised officer of your company, confirming the dates and methods of destruction of this data.

-Full hard copy print outs of my personal or financial information, held in a digital, magnetic or any other format which is held in any archives, backups or other storage devices / locations.

I enclose a cheque in the sum of £10 to cover your fee.

IF YOU UNABLE TO DEAL WITH THIS REQUEST, YOU SHOULD IMMEDIALTELY FORWARD IT TO THE PERSON WITHIN YOUR ORGANISATION RESPONSIBLE FOR DATA PROCECTION.

I look forward to hearing from you in the first instance of receipt.

Yours faithfully

I will attach a link for the CCA request

Keep your chin up:D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Here is the link for the cca request, you will require letter N.

Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner

I do feel the bottom line is that if they mis-sold you ppi on the loan, they put you in the position that you could not make the payments:eek:

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Thanks for the reply, it is appreciated.

I will endeavour to clarify a few points within my SAR to ensure they actually give me the info I require, I will be ensuring that they accept that the loan is currently in dispute though.

Hopefully this will give me some breathing space too, I do have a debt with a DCA but I think having read a fair few threads on here that I know how to proceed with that particular parasite.

If only what I knew now what I knew when I was 16:(