Second "gesture of goodwill" recieved. Help please.

Sym0n

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5157 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I received a second gesture of goodwill from NatWest the other day, I'm currently awaiting a date from court, for the same figure as I rejected back in May. I'm guessing that they will be firing these out to everyone now that the OFT test case is going ahead and to be honest the letter reads as if they are back peddling.

Anyhow I am just about to buy my first house and so money is extreamly tight and I could really do with the figure I am owed, £1230. Their offer is £1167 and I've just drafted the letter below that I'm contemplating sending in reply to their second offer letter.

Dear Mr Higley,

Account number: - ########

Sort code: - ##-##-##

Claim number: - ########

I write with regard to your letter of ?? August 2007 and the repeated enclosed gesture of goodwill.

As previously stated I do not agree that the charges levied on my account are fair, transparent or legal but so as not to waste the courts time I would ask that you provide a full breakdown of how the bank has arrived at the figure of £1,167.00 offered as a gesture of goodwill. My calculations, as shown in my breakdown of all charges attached, show that correct figure is £1,230.00. If the bank is able to show that its gesture of goodwill is a true reflection of the charges I have incurred since 27 January 2001 to date then I hope that we will be able to move towards settlement of this case.

However I would like to bring to the banks attention the extra costs I have incurred in my attempt to resolve this matter and ask that these costs be reimbursed to me in addition to the gesture of goodwill already made by the bank, this figure so far is in excess of £120.00 but to assist in a speedy resolution I will accept an additional payment of £120.00.

Please note however that I object to accepting any offer made by the bank in full and final settlement and do not feel that it would be wise to do so now that The Office of Fair Trading and the bank have agreed to go to High Court to decide a case in principle.

I also advise you that I have applied to the courts to abstain from a stay of proceedings with my case as the amount I am claiming is of significant importance to me and due to my complaint being ongoing since 05 December 2006.

I await your swift reply.

Yours faithfully,

Do people think this is wise to do? Obviously I won't get any interest if they agree to pay the full amount plus costs but at least I will get my money back so I won't of lost anything and that's all I wanted when I began this.

Do you think I should add or remove anything from the letter?

Basically do you have any comments be them good or bad?

Thanks for any help!

Sy

In your position you might ring Cobbetts. That what I did - they hade made an offer but forgotten to include the AQ fee. I spoke to them and they agreed to go halves on the fee and drop any other conditions except that I should discontinue the action. I did that once the cheque was paid on.

Steven

Using CAG Toolbar will generate much needed income - Download Here

Confused by Simple Interest? Confounded by Compound Interest? Read my Interest Tutorial

My Wins

GE Money Won unconditionally May 2007

NatWest Won unconditionally August 2007

Brighthouse Won unconditionally August 2007

Goldfish Won unconditionally April 2008 (including CI on the basis of Sempra)

Clydesdale Financial Services (now BPF) Won unconditionally February 2008

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Do not take any legal action on my advice alone. Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Please note, I will not give advice by PM. Please send a link to your thread and I will do my best to answer there.