Is the FOS losing control

fuzzywuzzy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6072 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Phoned the FOS only last week to inquire as to a case I have for my mum regarding a miss sold loan.

I was advised 1 more week and the Bank has used up their 8 week allowance for completing a complaint and the FOS will intervene.

When the 8 weeks was up i contacted the FOS by letter asking could they now intervene.

Received a letter to day saying due to back log it will now be 4 weeks (estimated and could be longer) before an adjudicator can reviewing the case.

Seems like the FOS is falling apart, this now means the bank will have 12 weeks or more to do as they wish, and thats only if... the case is then taken on. To date the bank have returned no files what so ever. I find this extremely unfair and why is there no pressure being put in force to stop this happening.

After speaking to the lady at the FOS , it seems the back log is increased due to the Banks not replying quick enough to the FOS requests for files of each case.

If necessary the FOS then go ahead and assess the case with out the file, surely a fair decision with no file is not possible.

Is anyone else receiving this letter?

F:)

I applied to the FOS in early July, for my credit card case, after Lloyds refused to give me statements.

Today, i rang them, and was told they have not had time to look at it.

Who do we complain to about the FOS, as they are as useless as the banks.

[COLOR=#2e8b57][B][SIZE=1][U]Claimed & won so far[/U]:-[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=#2e8b57][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen][U]Banks[/U]:- NatWest Personal £1000, Natwest Business £2000, Lloyds TSB Personal £1500, [U]Mortgages[/U]:-Central Capital (PPI) £500, Natwest MEAF £140 [/COLOR][COLOR=#2e8b57][U]Credit cards[/U]:- HSBC Gold card £365, Capital One £599.55 Barclaycard £1070 ( i only aske for £700) , Lloyds £500 [U]Catalogues[/U]:- Littlewoods Direct Flex Account £60 :D [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=#2e8b57][SIZE=1][B][U]For Friends[/U][/B]:- Natwest £1500, £1800 & £500, Cap One £600, Barclaycard £400, Solutions £100, Aqua, £105.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=#2e8b57][B][U][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen]Pending:-[/COLOR][/SIZE][/U][/B] [COLOR=seagreen][SIZE=1]Barclays Bank Personal (On hold - Thanks a lot OFT) :mad:.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR]

My complaint against Bank of Scotland has been going on since February. I get a letter every 4 weeks saying they are investigating and will update me in another 4 weeks.

Pointless.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

I submitted Barclaycard complaint 2 months ago and its still in their backlog. I tried to complain and they say that they aim to resolve complaints within 6 to 9 months.

They also tried to put my BOS Credit Card claims on hold pending the test case.

All comments are my personal views - if in doubt then seek professional advice. If you think i've helped then please tip my scales.

One would have thought that as they are now not dealing with bank charge cases they would be able to deal with credit card claims far quicker.

The lady explained the bank charges had been put on hold, but the problem still lyes with back logged cases awaiting files from the banks.

Its all far to one sided, if we didn't present something the bank wanted, then they would just carry on regardless and wipe the floor with us.

may be its time the FOS, decided no correspondence from the bank or customer closes the case in the contacts favor.

I have had a letter for my own case recently, the response was so biased it was unbelievable.:evil: naturally Ive replied correcting their mistakes.

Is there anywhere else we can go, surely if our avenue to complain has gone, it is a very serious state of affairs.

You can complain about the FOS - there's a form on their website - but that wouldn't really help at the moment. It might get your complaint to the top of the list though. Other than that your only alternative is the courts.

I've had the same problem with bias in my own complaints. I think they just go for the easiest option initially (sometimes having not even bothered to read the complaint properly) and only go further if you get pushy. In fact, if I hadn't had to keep writing back correcting their errors and misunderstandings, we wouldn't be 6 months down the line with no resolution in sight. Another of their 'still investigating' letters and I will be complaining about them, however I've also started the process towards court action against the relevant bank just in case - this one isn't a bank charges claim though.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

i've had the same, as soon as you complain about bank charges, they put all your other complaints into this and, now, i have had letters stating they are on hold and i have had to correct them.

they also take far too long now and give the banks too much time to respond, yet we the consumer only gets the standard 2 weeks.

i lost interest of £150 on my claim because the FOS allowed the bank about 2 months to reply back and after the test case announcement, i was told accept the charges offer as not interest will not be offered or wait.

i kept chasing and they said we have to allow the bank a fair time as they are very busy. 2 months is not a fair time but extremely biased.

I think its a very unsettling situation, when something supposedly as strong as the FOS and put in place to protect people has fallen apart and has biased views.

What basis are we left with to protect ourselves from any financial problem... none, and most of us live and are Dependant on some financial agreement?:evil:

Only this month the FOS made a balanced agreement on my loans insurance? with only the loans they held to view they advised they had made a balanced decision as to my usually behavior regarding insurance.???

Naturally i sent in old loan agreements to correct their so called balanced view. How dare they make a balanced choice with out requesting if i had any further evidence for thier opionion. Its obviouse they are not going to hold all my old credit agreements in thier hands.

DISGUSTING:mad: is my view

i've had the same, as soon as you complain about bank charges, they put all your other complaints into this and, now, i have had letters stating they are on hold and i have had to correct them.

tifo you have good grounds for complaint and I suggest we all complain about bank who are breaking the rules set out in the waiver, for it will help bulster our chances of it being removed.

(10) the firm must ensure a fair and intelligent filtering of cases in order to identify complaints or part of complaints that are not relevant charges complaints and progress them promptly in compliance with DISP;

www.twoyou.co.uk/upload/direction_disp.pdf

The Waiver is an FSA Conspiracy with the banks against the consumer - Complain to your MP and the FSA about their shameful act!

Nice link have printed for a better read.

The complaints are good ones the problem is there is no where to have them assessed with in a decent time limit. Where do you complain after the FOS , and the FSA are all toooo busy.

keep smashing head on wall...we will over come :(

F