Closed RBS and Natwest Credit Card Accounts

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6518 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have phoned both Customer Services numbers for RBS and Natwest and asked for details of my closed accounts (they were all closed in 2004). I have security details, previous addresses, opening and closing dates and credit limits (from my credit report) - everything except the account number as I moved house at the end of last year and threw everything away (how I regret it now).

They refuse to give me the account numbers over the phone, nor will they give me an address to write to to get this one piece of information. The woman I spoke to at RBS Customer Services even admitted the information was on her screen, but she refused to give it to me! She then changed her story and said that after 3 months' all data on closed accounts is deleted.

Of course I don't believe her - I used to work for the RBS group myself and I know they keep customer information going back for years.

The charges for all these credit cards are likely to be quite large, and I am determined to pursue it further. Has anyone else managed to get this information out of RBS/Natwest?

Thanks

Capital One - DPA sent 13/06 (MCard) - have acknowledged DPA request, say they will send info shortly....

Egg - DPA sent 14/06 (2 Visa Cards) - standard request for identification document received in response to Data Protection Act

NatWest Current A/C - DPA sent 15/06 -initial estimate of claim is £4,358 plus interest (to be calculated) :-D

Morgan Stanley - DPA sent 15/06 (Platinum MCard) - have cashed my £10 cheque...no statements yet...

MBNA - DAP sent 15/06 (Visa and MCard) - acknowledged

Barclaycard - DPA sent 15/06 (Visa and MCard) - acknowledged

Bank of Scotland - DPA Letter sent 16/06 (Loan)

Beneficial Bank (HFC) - DPA sent 20/06 (Visa)

RBOS - (Visa and MCard) - DPA sent 23/06

Natwest (Visa) - DPA sent 23/06

They are unlikely to give details over the phone for security reasons.

Make a DPA request in writing as per the step-by-step instructions in the FAQs.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Will a DPA request work without the account number? Has anyone managed to get information without the account number?

Thanks

Capital One - DPA sent 13/06 (MCard) - have acknowledged DPA request, say they will send info shortly....

Egg - DPA sent 14/06 (2 Visa Cards) - standard request for identification document received in response to Data Protection Act

NatWest Current A/C - DPA sent 15/06 -initial estimate of claim is £4,358 plus interest (to be calculated) :-D

Morgan Stanley - DPA sent 15/06 (Platinum MCard) - have cashed my £10 cheque...no statements yet...

I managed to get details from an account closed 3 years ago from Coventry Building Society. I just wrote to them with my name, date of birth and previous address where the account was listed. I included the £10 PA fee and that was it :)

Pam.

If anything I've said helps you then please feel free to tip my scales!

That's encouraging - thanks! I'm going to send off the DPA request anyway with all my previous addresses as the reference instead.